Bayesian regression - Has anyone made an EA using this algorithm? - page 10

lilita bogachkova:
Formulas cannot be copied into a txt file.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Mike:
One of the great physicists said: "Nothing is more practical than a good theory". :)
So the theory should be built on empirical observations. Then introduce a level of significance and test the theory with new data.

Alexey Burnakov:
This is the theory that you have to build on empirical observations. Then introduce a level of significance and test the theory with new data.
Well, I don't try that hard... I use theories that were invented before me. :)

Mike:
Well, I don't swing that far... I use theories that came before me.)
Like what? I think you mean something else. I mean theories of price behaviour that can be deduced and deduced.

Alexey Burnakov:
How about this? I think you mean something else. I mean theories of price behaviour that can be deduced and deduced.
The theories of price behaviour described in various scientific books on trading are not supported by anything but the authors' reasoning.
The price behaviour is the behaviour of the totality of different groups of market participants, the ratio and value of their open positions changing dynamically and stochastically. :)
To my mind, it's interesting (for a researcher), but not the monetary one.
Earlier I formulated two possible strategies - trend-finding and pips-finding. The first strategy is reduced to detecting the beginning and the end of a trend.
The second one is catching of small (almost noisy) price movements. I think both strategies should be formulated in terms of merely statistical characteristics of price and/or price increments at corresponding timeframe.
Recently I have come across an interesting phrase - statistical arbitrage. I am studying it now. :)

Mike:

Recently I came across an interesting phrase - statistical arbitrage. I am studying it ... :)

There is a much more interesting word "cointegration" - widely used in professional trading. The author, Granger, even got a noob.

The meaning is as follows.

If you take a time series and add them together in a certain way, you get a stationary result. And if so, then a deviation from the average of this stationary result will necessarily cause a return to this average. Corresponding models show that 90% of the profit has a value of 2% to 5% of pips at 4 digits.

СанСаныч Фоменко:

There is a much more interesting word "cointegration" - widely used in professional trading. The author, Granger, even got a noob.

The meaning is as follows.

If you take a time series and add them together in a certain way, you get a stationary result. And if so, then a deviation from the average of this stationary result will necessarily cause a return to this average. Corresponding models show that 90% of profits have a value of 2% to 5% of pips at the 4-digit level.

Thanks for the information. Can you give me the link? :)

Found this ..:
... Classic use of cointegration is spread trading and arbitrage as one of its varieties....
https://forum.mql4.com/ru/46066/page9#584962
Totally confused me... :)

And also in the same thread :Forward test for a TS whose balance isnot stationary is self-defeating...
Stationarity of what do you mean ?
Торговля спредами в Meta Trader-е - MQL4 форум
Торговля спредами в Meta Trader-е - MQL4 форум
  • www.mql5.com
Торговля спредами в Meta Trader-е - MQL4 форум - MQL4 форум

Mike:
Thanks for the information. Do you have a link to it? :)
Mike:
Found this:
... Classic use of cointegration is spread trading and arbitrage as one of its varieties....
https://forum.mql4.com/ru/46066/page9#584962
Totally confused me... :)

And also in the same thread :Forward test for a TS whose balance isnot stationary is self-defeating...

You found the branch correctly. It was attended by very qualified people.

Co-integration is the term behind an algorithm that has a stationary output.

Spread trading and arbitrage is trader jargon, which usually, but not necessarily, has no basis in the requirement of stationarity of the RESULT of the addition of two series.

At the time of the thread you mentioned I had access to paid Evews and examples on it, but then I switched to R and have almost valuable results on R.

Again.

Co-integration is mainstream in professional trading. For individuals it is what is called arbitrage or spread trading here, if the requirement of stationarity of the result is met. For trading teams it is portfolio trading.

However, there is an extremely important note.

Co-integration, and the trading techniques based on it, are not always possible. Approximately every 10 years the markets collapse and everything goes to hell, including cointegration. This mess lasts about a year, and then you can use cointegration again. That's why I switched to a tool called machine learning.

СанСаныч Фоменко:

... Every 10 years or so, markets collapse and everything goes to hell, including cointegration. This mess lasts about a year, and then you can use cointegration again. That is why I switched to a tool called machine learning.

Thanks for such a detailed explanation, but what is (from your post) :A forward test for a TS whose residual isnot stationary is self-defeating...

Does "machine learning" help in collapsing markets ? :)
Reason: