Experts: KNUX Martingale - page 2

sinecure:

Good question Pedro. Is the other version much easier to opimize?

Meanwhile, I cannot make Tickstory run on my computer. I asked a friend to try and it won't start on his computer either. Must be a bug? Is there another simple way to get tick data? I looked at Birt's tools and so far have not been able to make them work.

Thanks,

Tickstory Lite is the easiest way.

Otherwise u can use SQ Tick Data downloader, and conver the data with Tick Data Suite. The advantage of Tick Data Suite is the ability to use variable spread (real). Which make backtests much more trustworthy!

But it takes more time and learning. Anyway, i strongly recommend. 

Thanks for the insight Pedro. After several attempts to get both TS TDS working, I finally managed to download data using Tickstory, so I guess I will have to work with fixed spreads for now. I decided to try optimizing on 5min charts, in the hope that the fixed spread problem will have less of an impact. So far the results don't look too bad. Process is slow, however.

Ralf, I wonder if it would be faster to optimize the non-Martingale version of KNUX first, and then transfer settings to the Martingale version to see if performance can be improved. Or is the Martingale even necessary at all?

Thanks for your input

Hi,
of course the Settings- values from Martingale which will be similar to that of KNUX. However, when KNUX settings are present, which are not in Martingale and vice versa.

BroTrader2014:
Hi,
of course the Settings- values from Martingale which will be similar to that of KNUX. However, when KNUX settings are present, which are not in Martingale and vice versa.

I don't understand exactly. Is there a good reason to use the Martingale Knux rather than the plain Knux? Are the trade settings in plan KNUX very different from those in MartingaleKNUX?

If you write in German I might understand better. I studied in Germany back in the 1970s.

Thanks

sinecure:

I don't understand exactly. Is there a good reason to use the Martingale Knux rather than the plain Knux? Are the trade settings in plan KNUX very different from those in MartingaleKNUX?

If you write in German I might understand better. I studied in Germany back in the 1970s.

Thanks

Also, should KNUX not be applied to 5min charts? Should I make changes to the shift value?

Die Einstellungen von KNUX und KNUX Martingale sind bestimmt ähnlich, jedoch gibt es wichtige Parameter in KNUX wo es im Martingale nicht gibt und umgekehrt. Du kannst es im 5M-Frame versuchen, spricht eigentlich nichts dagegen.

BroTrader2014:
Die Einstellungen von KNUX und KNUX Martingale sind bestimmt ähnlich, jedoch gibt es wichtige Parameter in KNUX wo es im Martingale nicht gibt und umgekehrt. Du kannst es im 5M-Frame versuchen, spricht eigentlich nichts dagegen.
So the settings which differ are not just Martingale settings, but also trade entry settings?

The one is Martingale, the other works with Trailingstop. Both are fundamental elements that can make the profit or loss regardless of the indicators.

BroTrader2014:
The one is Martingale, the other works with Trailingstop. Both are fundamental elements that can make the profit or loss regardless of the indicators.
Would you prefer to have the Martingale or the Trailing Stop version optimized? Is one superior to the other?

Hai All i try this with changed little setting......i hope this can help...

Thanks

Okta13 

C:\Users\rjuwita\Desktop\octa\EA\StrategyTester KNUX.htm
Files:
Reason: