Has anyone withdrawn money from a broker using arbitrage strategies? - page 12

Комбинатор:
They don't necessarily cheat, it could just be a delay in quotes relative to others, and not even a special one.

How do they determine if they have had a delay, do they save their ticks and then compare them to something?

They are supposed to keep their own ticks and the ticks of some reference broker or something?

pusheax:

How do they determine if they have had a delay, do they save their tics and then compare them to something?

They are supposed to keep their own ticks and those of some reference broker, aren't they?

They set their own latency... by filtering the quotes.

And the server itself determines the orders for "outdated" quotes and sends messages to the log.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

They adjust the delay themselves... by filtering quotes.

And the orders for "outdated" quotes are detected by the server and the server logs them.

Are there many brokerage companies that filter quotes or are there some that value their reputation and do not filter quotes?

Maybe there is a list of brokerage companies that do not filter quotes to be able to choose a normal broker?

pusheax:

Are there many brokerage companies that filter quotes, or even so, are there brokerage companies that value their reputation and do not filter quotes?

Maybe there is a list of brokerage companies that do not filter quotes so that we could choose a good broker?

When you open an account you look at how an order is executed and in what time frame. You just need to read carefully.

If the order is executed in 1 second, of course there will be a filter. If they openly write that requotes are possible - the same thing.

Two videos on the difference in quotes between different brokers:

The first video is laughable, the second is enjoyable :)

Dmitry Zemskov:

Of course, but we must understand that the concept of "arbitrage strategies" includes any trading system. People here are discussing only one, a particular case of spatial arbitrage, and the noblemen call it unfair :-) And in general, one can understand them, and sometimes one needs to, but the "trade with guides" is the same spatial arbitrage, it is not honest :-). And if the guide is a different currency pair, it is also not fair? And temporal arbitrage, as a rule, is fair depending on the time scale, if it is a minute pipser he is a bad arbitrator, and if it is an hour-long pipser with stops - it is a fair trade, because if something happens, you can spike it, and then draw quotes in mt4 :-)

I`ve never dabbled in kitchens, I`ve just had a friend who does it as a hobby without any urgency, he takes revenge for my defeated securities. And at the institute he told a lot of people about it to keep their trousers on and motivate them.
I got to know about arbitrage in the school, when grown-ups were carrying the cash, and I just started to do first steps on the free feed from some satellite, that was the time of X.25 modems and guys who would get money from any jurisdiction for their gambling debts :-) Now that train has gone far away and the mt4 arbitrage with mt5 or kosher feeds is not even arbitrage, it's like "the thief stole the baton from the thief", but:

Who has fun - he laughs,
Who wants - he will reach,
The man who seeks, the man who finds!
In the context of the topic the type of arbitrage should be clear. ... You surprise me with the style of your answers) ... I thought before that "creative person" was two words - and no more)) .

a few years ago, Alpari said that their liquidity provider on ndc accounts was Dukascopi, i was comparing quotes because i had real accounts there and there. everything was clear and without delays, the ticks were identical and without filters. but then they closed those accounts for some reason. So sometimes dts work without filters when it's too easy to detect. At that time they also had an ndc account, so there were arbitrage situations between the ndc and the ndc within the same DTs.

Ром:
In the context of the topic the type of arbitrage should be clear. ... You surprise me with the style of your answers) ... before I thought "creative person" was two words - nothing more)) .

It is clear, it is clear, but my point is that you should not focus only on one dimension of arbitrage, besides, the answer to the questions I asked will vary from institution to institution.
In some Kalita your every success is a net loss and some bank may not care about you at all, but the volumes are real and you may still owe the bank if you can not close the position by a stop loss.
Here we are talking about countless brokers using MT4-5 and their business models and degree of greed are also different, but there are some common software and hardware features.
Therefore, at the initial stage, while the capital is still small, it is not a sin to overestimate your mathematical expectation at the expense of trading in the lagoon office on the commands from the analysis of faster feed.
And note, depending on your trading strategy, you may benefit not only from timing lags, but also from some other features of "filtering". :-)

And the last time I used pure spatial arbitrage between MtGox and BTCe, but in the end I had to use my brain anyway, otherwise losses would have exceeded admissible ones.

Dmitry Zemskov:

The last time I used pure spatial arbitrage was between MtGox and BTCe, but in the end I still had to use my brain, otherwise the losses would have been much higher than allowed.

How was it possible to get losses there?

Комбинатор:
HOW could you make a loss there?

think...

why would the author...

Working: Musician in the subway

Apparently there's more money to be made there than in forex.

Reason: