Impulse - page 36

Олег avtomat:

It's not speed. It's what you call speed. It's not the same thing...

To make it clearer what I'm talking about, do your calculations with the function sin(x), the rate of change of which is well known. And then compare your results. This will allow you to see the gap that separates the speed of the function from what your calculations call "speed".

This simple procedure will help to determine the "speed", and its calculated "bottlenecks".

Oleg, leave physics alone. Forget it. Don't bring in sines where you can do without them. The theory of tractors writing out sine waves has long ago, and more than once, proved its inconsistency. People do not theorize here. Here they are engaged in practice ;)

Artyom Trishkin:
Oleg, get off physics. Forget it. Don't just bring in sines where you can do without them. The theory of tractors writing out sine waves has long ago, and more than once, proven to be untenable. People do not theorize here. They do practice here ;)

Unfortunately, you don't even want to notice the problem... And tractors have nothing to do with it.

Oh, well...

Karputov Vladimir:

There was such a nice picture today on the GBPUSD symbol:

and here's what it looked like in the tick chart:

And here's how the rate of ticks coming in changed (ticks graph between 06.08.2015 13:54:01 and 06.08.2015 14:04:59):

It can't be like that. The velocity could not have lagged at times like that. The calculations need to be checked. My speed at such moments shows an oh-so-high speed. Also, to check the speed, you can compare it with the volumes from the MT. As volumes rise, so does speed.

new-rena:
It couldn't be like that. The speed at such times could not have lagged. The calculations have to be checked. My speed at such times is showing an oh-so-high speed. Also, to check the speed, you can compare it with the volumes from the MT. As the volume increases, so does the speed.
Here is the file - http://1drv.ms/1SXFyOn - check it out. Lines 26 and 27.
GBPUSD.m 06.08.2015 13_55_00.xlsx
GBPUSD.m 06.08.2015 13_55_00.xlsx
  • onedrive.live.com
Книга Microsoft Excel

Karputov Vladimir:
Here is the file - https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=EDDB89ADEE482F9A!26353&authkey=!ALinCZ6Rs2OrIrY&ithint=file%2cxlsx - please check. Lines 26 and 27.
Looked it up, but didn't find the formula. Can't check it.

new-rena:
Looked it up, but didn't find the formula. I can't check it.
You have to select "Edit in Browser" or in the top right corner by the three dots and "Download" - if you want to watch on a local PC.

Karputov Vladimir:
It is necessary to select "Edit in a browser" or in the upper right corner by three dots and "Download" - if you want to watch on a local PC.

I see.

The speed is calculated for one tick (not informative), but for several ticks. It should be considered that the number of ticks in the same time period ( seconds), may not be the same.

So it is better to take some seconds for the period. I have for example - 10. There is a code, but it is on the 4-rka.

new-rena:

I see.

The speed is calculated for a single tick, but it needs to be calculated for several ticks.

This is understandable, I just wanted to point out the atypical velocity behaviour. Normally the speed increases by several times, and this did not happen in this section.

Karputov Vladimir:
It's understandable, I just wanted to point out the atypical speeding behaviour. Usually the speed increases several times, and this did not happen in this section.

Yes, there is that.

- The period of time between ticks can be different. During this period of time the price can change a lot.

- Also, a tick can come once, and reflect the price change for several ticks. It is like three in one.

new-rena:

Yes, there is that.

- The time period between ticks can be different. The price can change a lot during that time period.

- Also, a tick may come once, and reflect the price change over several ticks. It's like three in one.

The indicator collects all ticks. It is only in an EA that a pack of ticks can come at one time.
Reason: