Impulse - page 4

1. Price movement in forex is a stochastic process!!!
2. The movement is irregular.

1, maybe 2 pips per tick is a normal price movement. At 6 per tick the price usually does not bounce. Unless it is due to the news. Several ticks in one direction can happen, but not for a long time - the oppositely directed ones must appear.

To "see" an impulse it is not enough to compare two ticks. One should compare a period. Let's say a time period of 1 second.

Karputov Vladimir:
About the direction - there's a zero line in the figure and you can see that all the increments are pointing to the '+'.

Ahhhh. I get it now.

Daniil Stolnikov:
1. Price movement in forex is a stochastic process!!!
2. The movement is irregular.

1, maybe 2 pips per tick is a normal price movement. At 6 per tick the price usually does not bounce. Only if it is the news. Several ticks in one direction can happen, but not for a long time - the oppositely directed ones must appear.

To "see" an impulse it is not enough to compare two ticks. One should compare a period. Let's say 1 second (pips per second).
I was making an Expert Advisor that catches impulses. It happens.

Artyom Trishkin:
Making an EA that catches impulses. It happens.
I don't disagree, but not that often. The main thing is that such impulses are not always an entry signal... Usually, the price immediately goes in the opposite direction after such a move. It's as if the stops are being knocked out... or something. Volumes wouldn't hurt here, I think. Or other support/resistance levels

Daniil Stolnikov:
happens - I don't argue, but not that often. The main thing is that such impulses are not always entry signals... Usually price after such a move goes immediately in the opposite direction. It's as if the stops are knocked out... or something. Volumes wouldn't hurt here, I think. Or other support/resistance levels.
This is not the main thing right now. Methodology and analysis of working with momentum - that's later. First, just define the theory, then the mql5-code.

Karputov Vladimir:
This is not the main point right now. The methodology and analysis of working with the impulse is later. First, just define the theory, then the mql5 code.

What's there to define?

An impulse. by definition, in my view, is a relatively abrupt change over a SOMETHING.

Accordingly, in my view, an impulse can be thought of as any change in price over a period of time. But that time cannot be counted in minutes. I inexperiencedly made a price change in 15 seconds. Nothing good came out of it. I cannot get to the next idea. The idea is as simple as three kopecks. To calculate the time by which the price changes in N ticks... I.e. both the time between ticks and the amount of points per tick are not constant, and therefore an impulse may be named as a price change together with the time change by the same amount of ticks.

I hope I've made myself clear enough... Even though I'm not too drunk...

Has anyone tried counting the ticks up and down separately on each bar, doing a cumulative on them and seeing if there are fish there?

forexman77:
Has anyone tried counting the ticks up and down separately on each bar, making a cumulative on them and seeing if there are fish there?

It's probably best to do it in the form of a graph like this:

forexman77:
Has anyone tried counting the ticks up and down separately on each bar, doing a cumulative on them and seeing if there are fish there?
no

TSB

impulse (from Latin impulsus: impact-push )

Electrical impulse
A brief change in electrical voltage or current. Brief refers to a period of time comparable to the duration of transients in electrical circuits (see Transients).

Большая советская энциклопедия
Большая советская энциклопедия
  • dic.academic.ru
«Большая Советская энциклопедия» (БСЭ) – одна из крупнейших и наиболее авторитетных универсальных энциклопедий в мире. Ее история началась в 1925 году, когда специально для подготовки и издания энциклопедии было учреждено акционерное общество «Государственное научное издательство «Большая Советская энциклопедия»» (затем «Советская энциклопедия», в настоящее время – «Большая Российская энциклопедия»). Первое издание энциклопедии в составе 65 томов вышло в свет с 1926 по 1947 гг. Пятьдесят основных и один дополнительный том второго издания – с 1950 по 1958 гг. Третье издание «Большой Советской энциклопедии» (БСЭ) выпустили в 1970–1977 гг. Оно стало уникальным энциклопедическим трудом, не имеющим аналогов в мире по полноте собранных данных. Благодаря колоссальному труду коллектива авторов материалы, собранные в БСЭ, не утратили своей ценности и сейчас, спустя годы после выхода в свет. В работе над изданием...
Reason: