Safe martingale. - page 6

transcendreamer:

and i didn't make any statement about your guarantees

I only stated that"closing on take profit does not guarantee that there will not be a series of losses".

in general this is usually called antimartingale (increase in volume after the TP)

it gives a spectacular avalanche-like profit if you hit a big trend

it works like this: open - exit by TP - double - exit by TP - double again - exit by TP

But to do this, you need to anticipate this trend.

on the internet somewhere was an excel that calculated all the options martingale and anti-martingale

So you wrote twice about the guarantee, as if anyone is arguing or disagreeing with it.

What I mean by martingale was described above. Everything is clear with trending. But how to avoid calculation of additional losses in case of flat and alternating profitable and losing trades? This is what we need to think about in order to understand the meaning of the safe method of increasing lot size.

transcendreamer:

we take a loan of $500,000.

we turn on the martingale, we bet on the trend.

If the series is successful, we have a profit of $500,000 to $5,000,000.

Well, take it, turn it on and bet and get your profit. Only what does this have to do with the method of safe lot building?)))

khorosh:
OK. Let me disclose the 1st safety condition: the trade's lot will only be increased if the previous trade closed at the take value. Otherwise we open with the initial lot. The rest conditions are up to you. Now you must realize that the responsibility for the serial losing trades lies entirely with the Expert Advisor and first of all with its signal system. As I wrote above, this method does not make the Expert Advisor a grail, it only allows you to safely increase the lot. And if there is a series of losing trades, this method helps only in the sense that at this point, the deposit will probably be larger than without its use, i.e. when trading with a fixed lot. And with alarger deposit it is easier to survive a series of losing trades.
Congratulations on "invention" of antimartingale, hippy hippy! HOORAY! )))

with any use of martingale there is a problem - how to determine whether the next trade/s will be good or bad, there is no getting away from it

if the TS signal gives a decent level of probability for the given ratio of average TP and SL, the martingale is not needed

if analysis of a series of results shows that some series is very unlikely, martingale can improve TS (but adding the risk of special events)

Vitalie Postolache:
Pozdravlyayu with "invention" antimartingale, hip-hop! HOORAY! )))

You hear a bell, you don't know where it is. Just to say something. If it is a simple anti-martingale, then it will increase risks in a flat. Imagine a case where unprofitable trades are obtained with an increased lot, and profitable ones with an initial lot. In this method of safe increasing the lot even in this case, in general, no additional losses due to an increased lot, so the risks do not grow, because it differs from anti-martingale some conditions, which are not voiced here yet.

By the way, respect people and write in Russian, this is a Russian-language forum, and Albansky is out of fashion.

khorosh:
OK. Let me disclose the 1st safety condition: the trade's lot will only be increased if the previous trade closed at the take value. Otherwise we open with the initial lot. The rest conditions are up to you. Now you must realize that the responsibility for the serial losing trades lies entirely with the Expert Advisor and first of all with its signal system. As I wrote above, this method does not make the Expert Advisor a grail, it only allows you to safely increase the lot. And if there is a series of losing trades, this method helps only in the sense that at this point, the deposit will probably be larger than without its use, i.e. when trading with a fixed lot. And withlarger deposit it is easier to survive series of losing trades.
Hmm, what does this have to do with the previous trade if the increase in position occurs within a trade as compensation for an erroneous entry, do you mean the increase in lot from trade to trade

Ivan Vagin:
Hmm, what does this have to do with the previous trade if the position builds up within the trade, do you mean the lot build up from trade to trade?
Why, the phrase "lot increase ina trade is performed only if the previous trade closed at take value. Otherwise, you will open with the initial lot" has a double meaning? The method in question assumes that there is always one position in the market. And where did I write that increasing the lot is performed to compensate for an erroneous entry? This method improves EA performance, but is not used to compensate for losing trades.

Ivan Vagin:
Hmm, what does this have to do with the previous trade if the increase in position occurs within a trade as compensation for an erroneous entry, do you mean the increase in lot from trade to trade

Here's my post on page 4:

You've got me wrong if you think you can add this method to a half-dead EA and it becomes a grail. You may not call it a martingale - it's just a precautionary measure to safely build up the lot. This method, unlike the classical variants of martingale does not pull unprofitable trades, it simply increases the lot safely (usually during trends, when there are consecutive profitable trades.) The whole secret is to observe certain conditions when entering with increasing the lot and to observe some ratios of values characterizing transactions.

Haven't you read it? It's clearly written here, this method does not pull unprofitable trades to the plus.

khorosh:
Why, the phrase "you can only increase the trade's lot if the previous trade closed at the take position. Otherwise we open with the initial lot" has a double meaning?
of course it has two meanings, if not three, from the start of a trade to its completion the lot size changes, at least that is how I understood martingale, you did not mention anything about a fixed lot in a single trade.... You are talking more about money management with elements of martin. then why don't you like percentage management, it reacts more appropriately to profit/loss fluctuations.

Ivan Vagin:
Of course it is twofold, if not threefold, from the start of a trade to its completion the lot size changes, at least up to this point that is how I understood martingale, you did not mention anything about a fixed lot in a single trade.... You seem to be talking about money management with elements of martin. Why don't you like percentage management, it reacts more appropriately to profit and loss.
Firstly, this method allows for a faster increase in lot size which results in faster profit growth. As for adequacy, I can tell you one thing: you cannot judge which method is more adequate without knowing the essence of one of them.
Reason: