Windows 10 - page 9

Ramiz Mavludov:
Just use what you have and don't even think about 10 for another 5 years) comparing 10 and 8. I know that 8 needs many times less resources than 10. So better 8 and 8.1 as always ruined by mcrosoft as it always does after admiration.

I categorically disagree. A more ridiculous desktop system than Microsoft's Windows 8 has never been released. Windows 8 has managed to be even more awful than the infamous Windows Vista. Windows 8.1, the de facto service pack for windows 8, patched up some glaring blunders of the developers, but it was still a terrible OS.

And that's all against the backdrop of the fact that the similar Windows 8 RT OS (the mobile and smartphone version) is really amazing stuff. The power saving mode, the ease of use, the features are all top notch and will beat iPhones and androids. It's even amazing how such different operating systems can be created in one bottle.

Ivan Vagin:

Yeah, I got an invitation to upgrade to Win 10

Who has any recent experience on this subject?

As a reference here

http://www.microsoft.com/ru-ru/windows/windows-10-faq?ocid=win10_auxapp_context

Right now I strongly advise against upgrading your battle axis. Ten is still an extremely raw OS. So crude that it's hard to tell if it will be better than 8. If you really want to try it, install it on virtual machine. The latest distribution (ISO image) can be downloaded from microsoft official site without any problems.

Vladimir Pastushak:

So let's not get too excited and start using linux ...

Linux is not a panacea either. There are plenty of rakes of our own!

Daniil Stolnikov:
Linux is not a panacea either. There are plenty of rakes of our own!
But they're free, and they're also paid for on wind ....

Vladimir Pastushak:
But they're free, and they're also paid for on wind ....
Bingo!!! ))

There's only the apple left to be nibbled on as an alternative to wind and linux. If 10 is going to be really glitchy then yes, no need to rush.

Grigoriy Chaunin:
There's only the apple left to be nibbled on as an alternative to wind and linux. If 10 is going to be very glitchy then yes, no need to rush.
Stumps are not an option either )).

On Linux MetaTrader 5, brokers that use a certificate will not connect under Wine, only if you use a virtual machine... MetaQuotes needs to communicate with Wine developers about this issue. They have had several applications for several years, but no results.

Konstantin Karpov:
On Linux MetaTrader 5, brokers that use a certificate will not connect under Wine, only if you use a virtual machine... MetaQuotes needs to communicate with Wine developers about this issue. They have had several requests for years but no results.
Yes. You just need to make an installer for all the platforms long time ago. And there will be no problem. MQ, they just do not like fxbook, or someone else. In short, they play daisy chase. :-))))

MASTERXAYS:
You should have an installer for all platforms. And it will not have any problems. MQ, they do not like fxbook, or someone else. In short, they play daisy chase. :-))))

I do not understand the policy of MetaQuotes, they write software oriented to Microsoft, and their representatives say that Microsoft kills itself and that it is all utopia (not verbatim, but the meaning is the same). And here I don't understand why they should write software for a platform that they don't like. But it's not my business really :)

Regarding the Linux installer, I agree with you there, but again there is a BUT: MQL allows you to work with dynamic Windows libraries, while there are no words about dynamic Linux libraries. Thus, just a simple Linux installer will not work, you will need to finalize a lot of things :)

However, weighing enough in the world community of IT companies, MetaQuotes could agree with the Wine developers to develop a normal MetaTrader setting that would work in full scale, including with SSL certificates.

Reason: