Testing the new MQL5 compiler for x64 platforms - 2 to 10 times faster calculations! - page 15

xfo:

Eduard Vavrin, the attached file is not related to the described errors. Let me try to prepare the code that leads to the error and send it to you. It just takes time and so far this code contains too much from the original EA.

You may send me the code in my personal message, after the tests it will be deleted.

unreal:

Recorded a debugging video on MACD Sample.mq5 EURUSD symbol on demoforex account. (daily works fine too)

Hmmm... And I don't get any breakpoints when I run it... Although, I do everything like in the video...

The difference is that when I press "press debug on historical data" - the Expert Advisor does not start, but the terminal window with the strategy tester appears, and it is interesting that the testing start and end date - is set to 1970 (datetime = 0). Nothing else happens. If I set other dates and try to run from the editor again, the dates are reset and nothing happens. If you set other dates, and press "Start" - everything happens as in the usual strategy tester.

George Merts:

Hmmm... I don't get any breakpoints when I start up... Although, I do everything like in the video...

The difference - when I press "press debug on historical data" - Expert Advisor does not start, but terminal window appears with strategy tester, and interestingly, the testing start and end date - is set to 1970 (datetime = 0). Nothing else happens. If I set other dates and try to run from the editor again, the dates are reset and nothing happens. If you set other dates, and press "Start" - everything happens as in the usual strategy tester.

At the moment, to start debugging on the history, you need to explicitly specify the debugging parameters (in the editor in the menu "service"):

Ilyas:
At the moment, to start debugging on a history, you need to explicitly specify the debugging parameters (in the editor, in the "service" menu):

Wow. Live and learn. You'll die a fool.

It's working! That's exactly what was missing from MT5!

Thank you very much.

Now I need pointers to arrays to be completely happy.

Well, or introducing OnCalculate() functions not with reference to normal arrays, but with reference to arrays of the Standard Library CiHigh and similar...

Vasiliy Sokolov:

No need for any named channels! Waiting to add SQL support. Exchange data via a table. SQL is a built-in support for multi-threaded, high-load systems.
I suppose this is a promising direction. But here it will be - it depends on how and why to do it.

In the list of changes to MetaTrader 5 build 1150, which will be released on Friday 22 May 2015, section 2 states the following:

"Now you can test the operation of the program at a part of history that you are interested in. The debugging is performed in the visual testing mode in the strategy tester. The program is started at the chart plotted using the sequence of ticks simulated in the tester".

As I understand the ability to test on real (market) tick history was not there before and has not appeared in this version of the terminal. Are the ticks inside the minute bar emulated again?

Igor Kuzminets:

As I understand the ability to test on a real (market) tick history has not existed before and has not appeared in this version of the terminal. Are the ticks inside the minute bar emulated again?

The datafeeds have not been made yet. If they are made, they will receive real ticks. Scalpers will be all grailers. You listen to them - the impression that it's real ticks that separate them from the Grail... Well, we'll see in a few months...

Renat Fatkhullin:

Improvements are sure to come.

Has anyone already tested the debugging on history in the strategy tester?

I cannot test on FORTS futures RTS-6.15 M1 any period for this futures, it stops at once. Before I start, I set all necessary parameters in ME, menu-service-debugging, in particular the leverage 1:1 (working conditions in FORTS. After start and of course stop, I see all the same settings in the strategy tester, but only leverage 1:50

It's not nice of developers to ask for a test and keep silent when they receive error responses... It's not the first time I've noticed that on the forum and in Service Desk, everything has been unanswered lately...

PS... Mt5 platform is certainly promising, but the attitude is repulsive...

Konstantin Karpov:

It is not possible to test on FORTS futures RTS-6.15 M1 any period for the given futures, at once stops. Before start I set all necessary parameters, in particular leverage 1:1 (conditions of work on FORTS. After start and of course stop, I see all the same settings in the strategy tester, but only leverage 1:50

Thanks for the post, error of leverage setting in the tester of the editor parameters has been fixed.

In the current build, you should manually set the leverage to 1:1 in the "settings" tab of the strategy tester, and only then start testing from the editor.
Reason: