Tough communication problems

MT4 is experiencing severe connectivity problems (dedicated + 100M LAN). When there is a dense stream of quotes, for example before the opening of the trading session in Europe or the States, as well as when passing key levels and closing of the hour connection is lost for 3 - 5 minutes, and then all falls out in packs, while enter the market itself is reasonably impossible. When working through the data centre the situation only gets worse. At the same time, ICQ, chats and other things work without any problems. As far as I understand it depends on the quality of communication channels provided by ISP, but not everyone can change ISPs or work in one place in the morning and then run off at a breakneck speed to another place. I didn't have such problems in MT3 even when working with a modem from "Kukuyevka", so we may conclude that MT4 is a raw exchange protocol. What's your advice. If I talk to the old-timers of Forex they say that the first versions of MT3 had exactly the same problems and because of this they do not advise to switch to MT4 until this problem is solved. One thing is to play on a demo account and another thing is to work with real money.
PS. I work with real money, I use only standard built-in indicators and do not use Expert Advisors.

If this is observed on our demo server, the fact is that we periodically reboot it to test new versions. Yesterday we changed the configuration of our demo trading server many times while testing different datacenter options. The connection was actually interrupted sometimes for 1-2 minutes.

If this is observed on our demo server, the fact is that we periodically reboot it to test new versions. Yesterday we changed the configuration of our demo trading server many times while testing different datacenter options. Communication was actually interrupted sometimes for 1-2 minutes.

The thing is that I work not with your demo server but with a real trading server of Ukrsotsbank. I had absolutely no problems with them before and everything was working like clockwork.

I work with Alpari. I fully subscribe to the above.

I noticed this too.
I've changed the IP numbers to no avail.
This has never happened before.

Will the developers answer the question?
You are fixing bugs concerning charting, testers and all sorts of things, but you are not solving the problem of clear communication. How long to wait for the moment when the connection between the terminal and the server will be stable and smooth. If you need any more arguments visit the Alpari forum : http://forum.alpari-idc.ru/viewtopic.php?p=298681#298681 and browse all the pages there.

mark 19.11.05 10:13
...As far as I understand it depends on the quality of the communication channels of the provider, but not everyone can change providers or work at one place in the morning, and then run headlong into another place. I don't have such problems with MT3 even when working with a modem from "Kukuyevka" that is why I can conclude that MT4 is a raw exchange protocol. What's your advice...

In this case the problem is only the quality of provider connection. As far as we have found out, all packets to your IP address are forwarded through routers in Germany, regardless of whether the target address is in the next city (Kiev in this case) or in another country. Your broker's provider allows you to check whether the IP address belongs to a regional IP address with which he has a regional traffic exchange: http://colocall.net/ua/

mark 19.11.05 10:13
...Насколько я понимаю это зависит от качества каналов связи провайдера, но ведь не все могут менять провайдеров или утром работать на одном месте, а потом бежать сломя голову в другое место. В МТ3 таких проблем небыло даже при работе модемом из "Кукуевки" поэтому можно сделать вывод что в МТ4 сырой протокол обмена. Какие будут советы...

In this case, the problem is only the quality of your ISP's connection. As far as we have been able to ascertain, all packets to your IP address are routed through routers in Germany, regardless of whether the target address is in a neighbouring city (in this case Kiev) or in another country. Your broker's provider can check if the IP address belongs to a regional IP address, with which he is exchanging traffic regionally: http: //colocall.net/ua/.

So the connection problem is not just with marka, it exists and traders from other regions, Samara, Odessa, Yekaterinburg, etc. all work with Alpari. I have never tried to place an order but MTT says "No connection", it does not depend on a provider. At the same time MT3 is working like clockwork. Do you agree that the route of MT3 and MT4 packages is absolutely the same, while the connection is absolutely different, in MT3 it is stable and in MT4 it is 2 times on 3.

Yes. Quotes are coming in, but when I try to set an order it says No connection. And in the log there is a ping error. When the market starts to move, it happens very often.

Zloy 23.11.05 13:32
... everyone works with Alpari...

Wrong, not all traders work with Alpari.

...You agree that the MT3 and MT4 packet route is exactly the same...

No, you don't agree. The servers have completely different configurations on the broker side.

The problem is being investigated carefully. There were connection losses at Alpari today, but they were due to server upgrades. The rest of the time five client terminals on one computer were trading normally in automatic mode. Yes, there were unsuccessful attempts to open a position, which can be explained by the fact that all terminals were working with one currency pair and all Expert Advisors in all terminals were started by the arrival of a quote of the same symbol.

<br / translate="no"> Wrong, not all traders work with Alpari.

By "So the connection problem is not just with marka, it exists and traders from other regions, Samara, Odessa, Yekaterinburg, etc. all work with Alpari" I meant traders I know and who work through Alpari.

No, you are not. The servers have a completely different configuration on the broker side.
The server can have any configuration, but the principle of packet passing through the internet has not changed yet.
So, the bug is in your software, either in the client terminal or in the server at the broker, or both, which is what I draw your attention to.
Reason: