A few requests on MT4 - page 9

Did you fix the crosshairs by any chance? Because they do not go away when you switch to the normal pointer. The pointer appears and works fine, but the crosshair bars are still hanging in the place where they were when the crosshair pointer was switched to the normal arrow.

Did you fix the crosshairs by any chance? Because they do not go away when you switch to the normal pointer. The pointer appears and works fine, but the crosshair bars are still hanging in the place where they were when you switched the pointer from the crosshairs to the normal arrow.

This is a glitch - will be fixed.

Once a day or even twice I want to mark out Elliott waves manually, is it possible to put symbols 1,2,3,4,5 ABC, abcde and others in the tool (SIGNS)
. MT3 lacked this.

Yes, it would also be good to do this:
Add "Custom" to the list of icons as well, which would bring up a window with all the symbols when you click on it, so that you can put it on the chart by clicking on the symbol you want.

There is a suggestion to consider another type of order, or rather a sub-type of order - time pending. These orders are very convenient to use when there is a news release. For example, you want to open a position, but a news release is expected and as a consequence, the market volatility is expected for a certain period of time, which you will better wait out to save the losses. Then after the specified period of time a pending order should trigger according to the existing schemes. This design is very useful when there are several positions, and there is no possibility (or desire) to stay at the monitor all day long. The addition to such "temporary" orders would be the possibility to close a position by time, regardless of whether a Stop-loss or Take-profit order is reached.

Renat suggests to write EAs for such functions.

However, EAs should be developed for something personal to oneself - orders I described are a standard thing used by dozens of traders. I cannot find a terminal (but I will keep looking) where it has already been implemented - "a specific taste" - full control of one's money both in time and space - believe me many people will appreciate it, and if they will not, the forum will tell them that I have made a mistake.
Although, just remember a thin summer market, when currencies were flying up by 50-100 pips on the news before the main move, what a money .... And all the traders who failed to learn not to go against the locomotive.

Traders who did not use such terminals
GET INTO THE SPIRIT OF FACILITATING TRADING ON THE NEWS!!!

I apologize to the developers for duplicating the topic, I started it in the wrong place first.

Putnik

Yes, the idea is good. But it's more a question not of developers but of whether the brokerage companies will go for it.
It is a matter of how it works. If we know for example that significant news are coming out in nn.nn and we don't even have to think where the market will go when we have your suggested orders, we set a fork and take a profit.

Alexander - that's right, not all dealing centres will go for it, just as not all now allow all MT features, so not all accept a deal without additional confirmation in MT 3? not all have the ability to hedge on one currency - it's just not allowed - deals are not accepted in the opposite direction. But you can always find a way out, e.g. buy euros and francs at the same time.
It is always possible to adjust - it was possible to implement in the trading terminal.

Idea-fix...
The opinion of forum members would be most welcome.
------------------------------------------------------------

When receiving a requote, it would be desirable to add informativeness to this window.
Namely:
Add a change of colour of the field where the price is shown.
For example:
Price better than requested - in green
Price worse than requested - in red
(price option "worse": if the difference in 1 pip - in yellow (optional))

Putnik

Basically, with the current MT4 tools it's easier to make a system more or less close to your idea.
1. Having a calendar of events at hand we create at least csv file
2. Teach the Expert Advisor to read the file and under a certain market situation do this and that

although the disadvantage is that at least a dedicated network connection is needed here

Idea-fix...
The opinion of forum members would be most welcome.
------------------------------------------------------------

Dear MT developers, and no less Dear Forumers.
Maybe the time for such a proposal for MT has not come yet.
And maybe it will never come...
I`ve got lots of questions and suggestions to add or change something, but keeping in mind the repeated mentioning of the developers that making terminal itself "heavy" is not desirable and won`t be. Which I agree with in principle, and moreover..., after weighing all pros and cons, I've come to final and quite logical decision to bring up for discussion proposal of creating one more external (like MPL for example) tool:
With working name "Multipurpose Toolbox"
(I'm afraid to say universal, otherwise I will say: combine again :). Which would be located in the "Tools" folder. Probably it would not weigh much on "weight" too, the more so that it could be left for example only in the folder with the main account, or anywhere else. As well as not to include it in the main distribution, and develop it separately, at least on a "residual principle".
The tasks to be solved by this tool would be very diverse, for example:
1. More complete, convenient and advanced work with history and analytics, based on history files stored in MT by the client.

As an example,
is one of the questions I wanted to ask the developers:
"Can we make it so that by setting the date and time of a candle (bar), it would become in the centre of the chart for a detailed view of that period, or print."

(But why complicate the terminal again?, no need!, there is enough of it.
That's why I asked the developers to create such a tool).

2. What may be the basis of the tool...
- Build a chart from a history file, for a specified period, or specify the time of a candle (bar) as the centre of the chart. Build a larger period chart, for example 3hour chart of minutes. At the same time, this will eliminate the question why other timeframes are not available.
"You need it, so build what you want out of what you want".
The chart should (may) be static, i.e. the history at the time of opening (creation) of the chart is loaded. This way it will be easier to view (make the cursor "hand":) and the next paging will not shift it. Why would you ask about making another chart? Let me answer: First, the chart window will be larger than in MT, so it can occupy the entire area of the monitor screen, and therefore more informative, you can print a blank chart, without indicators and lines. For example, it is now necessary to open a new chart, delete objects set according to a template and then print, and finally delete the unnecessary chart.
It would also be nice to overlay charts, to view the correlation.
- Conversions, advanced analytics, account status analytics,
and more...
и...
That's all for now..., and I've written too much text as it is.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Reason: