FORTS: Strategies and how to implement them - page 19

Prival-2:

I am also here on the forum because I am grateful to MT for the science he taught me. And I didn't leave him for the good life.

What is the essence of this science, if it is not a secret?

Prival-2:

I've seen a lot of dirt spewed about it, bans handed out left and right...

They're still handing them out now.

aharata:
Why don't you start a blog, like you started a YouTube channel? Well, so that moderators won't delete important posts (get tired of confusing objectivity with politics, interests... I think many already at the risk of deleting posts do not want to write normal, valuable posts) so that meaningful posts were in one place. I wrote back in a private message...

The idea is good. Write in blogs. They say moderation is softer there - it's official MQ policy.

papaklass:

In MT there are no limiters at all, as no funds are reserved when you put a pending limit. Who is going to put your unsecured limiters into the pot?

Don't be absurd. In MT5, limiters are exchange orders. Just place a limit order in MT5 and look at its placement in the market window of the same Quick.

MT5 has been "rewritten from scratch" to a complete copy of MT4, which is only suitable for forex. It was announced as a stock exchange terminal.

They started to adapt it to organized exchanges. The liquidity there turned out to be absolutely "wrong" and we had to play with it, trying to change something and explain that we don't need a sliver, that only market traders should trade correctly, that the table of current parameters is "old stuff", etc..

Something worked, something not so good. Some (many!) still don't understand what limiters are for and "why" take them off if you stop trading. That's why tumblers are sticky everywhere, stretch to the entire screen, do not fit in height, it is problematic to place more than three of them on the screen and everyone is happy with them. It's just that not many people use them, the marketplace does...

The story too, is a mystery. What is clear is that it was made for the highly liquid forex. To be exact, it is understandable, but it was made for high-liquidity Forex. Therefore, the usefulness of a really powerful tester is practically zero. It is unclear why they attach a huge spread.

I don't argue, the delivery works fast. Language is powerful. But many bugs are not solved for years. But who knows that not all initializations can be performed in function Init()? (For example, timer) At first start you may catch ERR_CHART_NO_REPLY and miss. You have to check for other events, which makes Init() completely senseless. TheXpert knows, who else? There are a lot of such "trifles".

I still find it nonsense that the robot is not allowed to withdraw limit orders if trading is disabled using the standard button. Again, limiters... No one can change my mind.

And so the long-awaited exchange terminal has become an "undeveloped and overworked" Forex terminal, a paradise for freelancers and crooks of signal providers.

And traders, with their advice and requests, are certainly pests... The ecosystem is being spoiled. I have been working for a long time on this, but I'm not sure what to do with it.

papaklass:

Your awareness of MTs is very old-fashioned. Limits can be placed inside the spread from 2010 - 2011 on ECN accounts.

In MT there are no limits at all, because no funds are reserved when placing a pending order. Who would let your unsecured limit order into the market?

Question: is your delta ask-ask formula an ask or bid synthetic?

Yes, they can. As for the ECN, I was not working on the Forex market at that time.

But about the Limiters, I don't understand. Or maybe we confuse the terms. Are there no more limit orders? I don't get it in my head... i can't set a buy/sell order in MT and say at what price i want to buy/sell ? and i cannot become a market maker on the edge of the spread ((

I don't know what to call it exactly, what kind of synthetics. I just understand that this is the right way to do it (this is how you can capture a delta), otherwise the forks (in this particular situation, an example).

pronych:

That is why a really powerful tester is almost useless. It is unclear why there is a huge spread to attach to it.

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/42273
Подскажите, можно ли обойти этот баг?
Подскажите, можно ли обойти этот баг?
  • www.mql5.com
При тестировании в тестере стратегий часто сделки происходят по не существующим ценам:. - - Категория: автоматические торговые системы

Prival-2:

It could very well be. About ECN, I was not working in the forex market at the time.

But about limiters, I did not understand at all. Or maybe we confuse the terms. Are there no more limit orders? I don't get it in my head... i can't set a buy/sell order in MT and say at what price i want to buy/sell ? and i cannot become a market maker on the edge of the spread ((

I don't know what to call it exactly, what kind of synthetics. I just understand that it's the right way to do it (it's the way to capture the delta), otherwise it's a fork (in this particular situation, in this example).

Tell me, are you throwing in information on purpose?

After all, before your post I clearly pointed out the man's stupidity, and you immediately pick it up, pretending that this stupidity is the truth in the last instance:

C-4:
Don't talk nonsense. In MT5 limiters are stock orders. Just put a limit order in MT5 and look at its placement in the same Quick's stack.

iron_056:
https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/42273
This does not only apply to the tester. For statistics too. There is no way to know the bests at the bar close, or at all. The revolutionary solution would be to store asc, not at bar closing as such, but at every period (frame), regardless of whether there were deals or not. The prices have been made! Instead we have the maximum spread on the bar and two types of volumes, one of which (tickwise) is not clear at all (like the spread). But at the implementation stage it was suggested to developers to make it nice. But the one who suggested it was traditionally sent to the banana and declared a separatist pest or something else...

C-4:

Tell me, are you doing this on purpose?

Before your post, I clearly pointed out the man's stupidity and you immediately pick it up, pretending that it is the ultimate truth:

When I was writing I did not see your response. So I'm sorry. I also thought it was nonsense, but as I have not used MT for a long time (here anything can happen), hesitated and asked a question. And only then I saw your message

Once again, literate critics who are not aware of the platform, and who don't even use it, have stepped up.
Reason: