YZ_PIPSATOR_EURGPB - inspiration from championship results - page 11

Leonid, what are the results for 2007, I have for example from mid 2007 identical to today's results, but worse before (no tweaking).

Volatility prior to this implosion was in the range of 3% to 11-12% with occasional spikes at 15%-18%. At the moment it is already over 30%, it is expected to remain at 22-25%. Yesterday's movement can be attributed to the worsening prospects for the pound (taking into account the expectation of 1.40), as well as the low liquidity and the demolition of stops and barriers. Below is a picture of the weekly volatility of the pair.

Lord_Shadows писал(а) >>
Leonid, what are the results for 2007, for example my results from mid 2007 are identical to today's, but worse before (without adjustments).

I do not strive for perpetual performance of the TS, because I believe that there are no perpetual TS, so I have not tested this particular TS with exactly these parameters on 2007. In general, 2007 is on the plus side, a good year. My interview will come out - I have briefly described there the principle of work.

Mathemat >> :

A blue dream. That kind of happiness should cost megabucks, no less.

Yeah. But if you don't aspire to it, what's the point? :)

LeoV >> :

I do not strive for perpetual performance of the TS, because I believe that there are no perpetual TS, so I have not tested this particular TS with exactly these parameters on 2007. In general, 2007 is on the plus side, a good year. My interview will come out - I have briefly described the principle there.

I have also given up such searches, but I am testing for resistance against plum.

In general, I think Igor Kim is right, statistics rule. and the market is more transparent in terms of strategies.

Lord_Shadows писал(а) >>

I, too, have given up on such searches, but I'm checking to make sure that I'm not losing money.

In general, I think Igor Kim is right, statistics rule. and the market is more transparent in terms of strategies.

Of course, statistics is a great thing )))). I'm not interested in complicated strategies myself )))))

LeoV писал(а) >>

I've been looking at the volatility of EURGBP - and it should be noted that it has increased several times in the Championship. This is a fluke related to the crisis. So you have to understand that in real life these pips will perform worse when volatility returns to normal. To quickly assess volatility - just take the difference of MA-Lag(Ma). And you will see for yourself.

Yes, the volatility has increased, but the pair's behaviour has not changed, which is a paradise for pipsers. The result of tonight, a demo is not an indicator and it does not belong to the real trading, but it should be enough for a real trade at 1/10. See here.

Gross Profit: 1 154.99 Gross Loss: 554.32 Total Net Profit: 600.67
Profit Factor: 2.08 Expected Payoff: 5.78
Absolute Drawdown: 36.19 Maximal Drawdown: 139.74 (17.58%) Relative Drawdown: 17.58% (139.74)
Total Trades: 104 Short Positions (won %): 51 (80.39%) Long Positions (won %): 53 (73.58%)
Profit Trades (% of total): 80 (76.92%) Loss trades (% of total): 24 (23.08%)
Largest profit trade: 42.20 loss trade: -87.81
Average profit trade: 14.44 loss trade: -23.10
Maximum consecutive wins ($): 12 (125.27) consecutive losses ($): 3 (-139.74)
Maximal consecutive profit (count): 159.16 (7) consecutive losses (count): -139.74 (3)
Average consecutive wins: 5 consecutive losses: 1

Figar0 писал(а) >> the result of tonight,

Tonight was a blast...... I don't even remember...... ))))

LeoV >> :

Tonight was a blast...... I don't even remember...... ))))

In case you haven't noticed, it's all going global - the Chicago volatility index http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/cbuilder?ticker1=VIX:IND

And it's everywhere else. No wonder you can't remember, this has never happened before.

timbo писал(а) >>

In case you haven't noticed, it's all going global right now - the Chicago Volatility Index http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/cbuilder?ticker1=VIX:IND

And so it is everywhere. No wonder you can't remember, it has never happened before.

That it hasn't happened before is for sure. So it should be noted that the championship takes place in extreme conditions. The results may not be very objective, because when the volatility comes to its normalcy, the same Expert Advisors may show absolutely different results. I do not know whether they are better or worse. But that is another question. A Tournament is a Tournament and the market is not predictable.)

As for the fact that everyone is in the red, it's far from that. A lot of people are making money on the crisis. Here is an example. When communicating with different American dealing centers (brokers) about account opening, I ask them a question - "Do clients withdraw money from your accounts, do you pay out profits, did your liquidity drop and so on? They answer that not only my clients do not withdraw money from their accounts, but there are many new clients and the old ones report their money. That is, they are in a very good position. I wondered why? Probably because many of them leave declining stock market and look for more profitable places and come to Forex, which has huge volatility, which makes many TSs behave better, i.e. they have higher profit than in real market. I don't know if they are cheating or not, but I think they are.

So that's what you need to do now? One should take this pip, look for a DC suitable for his work and earn, as long as the high volatility of the market allows to do it )))))

Reason: