Testing 'CopyTicks' - page 29

fxsaber:

I don't have the opportunity to check on the crooked Opening. But on the straight BCS your control error looks like this

I suggest you open a BCS real in a minute.

To talk about the same thing.

Here we go. Now your Opening is crooked. Today, as recently as a couple of hours ago, you didn't want to use your "direct" BCS candles.

How can you not understand that the errors are floating! Re-read my posts again. FLOATING. It means they are there and then they are not.

Of course, I don't deny that there may be a possibility that it is the Discovery's servers that produce crooked tics. But, for reliability, please, today or tomorrow put your indicator on a direct BCS server (on 3-4 most liquid instruments) and if for the whole day there will not be a single error - yes, then we can say that it is the fault of the Opening server. But I think that in this case it's about your algorithm + CopyTicks(). My algorithm didn't show error in this place.

Alexey Kozitsyn:

Here we go. Now your Opening is crooked. Today, as recently as a couple of hours ago, you didn't want to use your "direct" BCS candles.

Sarcasm!

How can you not understand that errors are floating! Re-read my posts again. FLOATING. It means they are there and then they are not.

Of course, I don't deny that there may be a possibility that it is the Discovery servers that produce crooked tics. But, for reliability, please, today or tomorrow put your indicator on a direct BCS server (on 3-4 most liquid instruments) and if for the whole day there will not be a single error - yes, then we can say that it is the fault of the Opening server. But I think that in this case it's about your algorithm + CopyTicks(). My algorithm didn't show error in this place.

I will look into this question.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Testing 'CopyTicks'

fxsaber, 2016.10.28 15:54

Tired of the terminal. The script

void OnStart()
{
  MqlTick Ticks[];

Print(CopyTicks(_Symbol, Ticks));
  Print(GetLastError());
}

hangs. Manually deleting it puts it in the log.

2016.10.28 16:48:57.737 Test (GBPUSD,M1)        4401
2016.10.28 16:48:57.737 Test (GBPUSD,M1)        -1

The change of TF and the symbol is the same. After rebooting it works.

Same problem on Alpari
Network '': authorized on Alpari-MT5 through mt5.nl.3 (ping: 61.19 ms)

Only one EURUSD symbol "tortured" this time. The other ones work without any problems.

It would be nice to have a forced reset function for all internal CopyTicks tasks. In order to cope with such situations.

Alexey Kozitsyn:
1467 - is your problem relevant?

fxsaber:
I haven't checked it yet. But the SR has not closed the application and there is no response.

fxsaber:

He is. He gets it really bad. I have to hand it to him - he does get into a stupor, but rarely.

I have written a nice tick indicator. I am lazy to debug rare failures.

Why is this article from 2010?

Alexey Volchanskiy:
Why is the article from 2010?
It's an automatic web engine link. The indicator is in my profile.

fxsaber:

What kind of testing can we talk about when there are still B/S deals on the MQ demo?

We'll have to wait for the official update...

Alexey Kozitsyn:

What kind of testing can we talk about when there are still B/S deals on the MQ demo?

I haven't looked at their demo. I have the BCS.

fxsaber:
I haven't watched their demo. I have the BCS.
Has the BCS already updated to 1467?
Reason: