Rate of price change

Hi all. Can you tell me how to make it possible for me to read the price change in a certain period of time in that period of time?

Dynamiteman:
Hi all. Can you tell me how to make it so that at some timeframe I can read the price change in that timeframe?
This is called a bar chart, the difference between open and close will give you the price change over a time period equal to the timeframe.

papaklass:
Record the price at T1 (start time), fix the price at T2 (finish time). The difference between the two points will give you the price change for the time period T2 - T1.
And I get the time via TimeCurrent? How do I make a time counter to count down the interval?

Is there an EA that counts how many pips the price moved during 3 candles?

use timers. ontick speed measurement is not correct

There are two main ways of measuring price speed

1 Change per time period in seconds

2 Price changes per number of ticks

Andwith both methods it is difficult to detect fluctuations within a period either by time or by ticks

A third way is to control the price change in absolute value either by the number of ticks or by the period of time

Dynamiteman:
Hi all. Can you tell me how to make it so that I can read the price change in a certain period of time?

Ideally, you should know or identify the pattern of price change over time as a function P=f(t) and identify the rate function (v) by differentiating P and get it in the form v=dP/dt, where time t will be explicitly present. By substituting the desired t into the function v, you will get the values of velocity at each or the desired time t. If you will not find suitable, from your point of view, function P, I can advise you to try to use, suggested by me, variant of this function known, in the depths of our forum, as "formula (18)" https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/250.

(18)

There the velocity function in the form of formula (11) is also given, if we take f=v

(11)

The methods of determination of coefficients and parameters of these formulas are given in the article and you can also find them in the depths of my indicator. If you are not afraid of difficulties, you can get a new good indicator of price change velocity. If you need advice, I will always be there for you. Good luck!

I also invite experienced programmers to join in, if you find the idea interesting. I think it is more than interesting. The indicator will react to each tick. I am thinking now what it will look like. Please advise me, if someone comes up with the idea of its configuration. Perhaps in the form of oscillators, so https://freshforex.org/encyclopedia-forex/The-Rate-of-Change/ or so https://freshforex.org/encyclopedia-forex/momentum-indicator/??

Универсальная регрессионная модель для прогнозирования рыночной цены
Универсальная регрессионная модель для прогнозирования рыночной цены
  • Yousufkhodja Sultonov
  • www.mql5.com
Рыночная цена складывается в результате устойчивого равновесия между спросом и предложением, а те, в свою очередь, зависят от множества экономических, политических и психологических факторов. Непосредственный учет всех составляющих осложнен как различием природы, так и причиной воздействия этих факторов. На основании разработанной регрессионной модели в статье сделана попытка прогнозирования рыночной цены.

If you take the calculation time per minute, then on the news the price can move up to 100 points per minute and go back several times. In my opinion, it is necessary to arrange an array of ticks by the queue principle (first in - first out) for the calculation period, look for extrema and measure the difference between extrema with every tick arrival. This will be the maximal speed of price movement.

yosuf:

... If you are not afraid of difficulties, you can get a good new indicator for the speed of price change....

I also invite experienced programmers to join if you find the idea interesting. I think it is more than interesting. The indicator will react on every tick. I am thinking now what it will look like. Please advise, if someone comes up with the idea of its configuration. Perhaps in the form of oscillators, so https://freshforex.org/encyclopedia-forex/The-Rate-of-Change/ or so https://freshforex.org/encyclopedia-forex/momentum-indicator/ ??

it would look different. And this type of graph has been known for a long time. No gamma functions are needed.

And it looks like this

>tick history. But it seems that the developers have promised to finally build the history and they may prepare this type of chart.

So we wait, I have been waiting for 7-8 years.

papaklass:
Record the price at T1 (start time), fix the price at T2 (finish time). The difference between the two points will give you the price change for the time interval T2 - T1.
Well, let's say we got some time, let's say TimeCurrent, how do we count, for example, 10 seconds, to write the interval of time change into a variable?

papaklass:

TimeCurrent() is measured in seconds, so

Thank you
Reason: