The agony of choice - page 6

mmmoguschiy:
Yep - the compiler turned on the artificial intelligence and compiled for me :-D

But seriously - I didn't compile it! There is no .ex4 file in the experts/indicators folder of the old build. Even after just clicking on the "compile" button it didn't appear there! What's the catch? Can compiled indicator files be created in some other place on the disk?

And such miracles do not occur.

I think the move was to MQL4/Indicators folder, maybe during the move.

ZS: is it just me or are you pretending on purpose?

sanyooooook:

I think the move was to the MQL4/Indicators folder, maybe during the move.

ZS: Is it just me or are you faking it on purpose?

What MQL4/Indicators? I wrote in Russian "in the old build"!!!

sanyooooook:

I think the move was to the MQL4/Indicators folder, maybe during the move.

ZS: Is it just me or are you faking it on purpose?

Sanek, thank you very much for the tip about the old compiler! Totally forgot that in the old build the compiled files are also stored outside Program files in the virtual environment folder. That's where it was. Downloaded to the new build and voila - everything works!!!! Thanks a lot again!!!
The mystery was easy to solve)) Just like that, without the tedious digging and telepathy could solve the problem! And there was nothing to show off and scratch your self-esteem thinking that I am "mega programming guru"! :-D

I ask developers to confirm or refute my thoughts - Proceeding from what happened I may conclude that metadata have not changed - compilation rules have tightened a bit. If discrepancies of data types did not cause compilation errors earlier due to some reasons, this fault has been eliminated in the new build. Well, if so, it's for the best!

But this indicator is not the only one that refused to work. There were others too. In particular, in one of them I had to change obsolete methods which didn't work anymore. The problem is there and it doesn't take away from my words that it's impossible for a newbie to understand the problem! What's the problem for a beginner - even an experienced one has to sweat. But that's the cost of production :)

and here's a fresh picture on EURUSD(guess where we're going?) ))

Down to the bottom for starters.

mmmoguschiy:
what kind of "developer error" can it be if the code worked fine on the old build?

Isn't it developer's error to pass int variable where time is taken? It's ALL written by the same developer... but it's MQ's fault... no doubt about it.

mmmoguschiy:
Judge not, lest ye be judged! I'm not hanging tags on you, so please do not hang them on you!

As continuation of conversation - somehow I have not met in my practice such a miracle that the char data type was suddenly replaced with double exactly as well as int was replaced with datetime. That's why my desire to use telepathy ended there. I didn't have the slightest desire to dig through outright nonsense.

Since it's been discussed, would you, dear fellow developers, explain why int suddenly became datetime (or vice versa - I do not remember exactly)? And why in the old build it didn't cause errors, and in the new one it suddenly appeared by some miracle (if there was an error)?

It was the developer of this wonderful indicator that made such a mess of things that you don't want to dig around in. Isn't it? The data types have not been replaced, they just added new ones. If you don't want to or don't understand it yet, use what you had before. There is no problem with that.

Next, it's really MQ's fault. They were the ones who didn't initially forbid the use of int variables to store time. But here they decided that this mistake should be corrected, but oh!... miracle... they're still at fault... Why did we fix it? We've stopped working <CENSORED>... put it back... or we won't be able to make demomillions...

Who can earn at least several hundred dollars per month without demo, can always pay a programmer 1-2 hundred, or even less for editing the code. And only those who earn nothing are shouting...

Why think about it, MQL5 is worth studying if only for the sake of doing exactly what you want.

AlexeyVik:
And only those who don't earn anything shout...
So wipe the drool off your knees and don't shout - what's the big deal? What's with the sniveling? Angry? You don't have any money?

mmmoguschiy:
So wipe the drool off your knees and don't shout. What's with the attitude? Maybe you don't have any money?

I have one. I get it every month. And I make money from programming and trading too.

TheXpert:
To start with, the lows are down.
most likely the next butterfly transformation is a crab.
Reason: