Emotions when trading - page 19

Globtroter:

Don't forget, you need a deeper drawdown to make a bigger profit.

In the meantime, you can have a beer. :-)))
it looks like you've already had some! :-D How can you make a profit when you're losing money? :-D That's why I got away from it!!! Yes the general trend has to be seen. And follow it. But on a shorter period of time! How long it is depends on you. For some people it's better to trade on 15 minutes, for others on ticks. The bigger the timeframe you trade on, the more you actually get stuck! If at higher harmonics you can already see the beginning of the reversal and get out of the deal, then, as I wrote earlier, like a silly Masha or a giraffe from the joke at lower frequencies you will see this reversal already too late!!! That's where the emotions and psychology come in!!!
You wrote somewhere above that you're not chasing instant profits? What are you chasing then - a slow drain? :-D

mmmoguschiy:
It's boring to sit and follow instructions all day and stare at charts!!! And you should take care of your eyesight :-D

Talking on the forum with people who are close to you - that's a great pastime! I would not call it an argument - rather an intellectual conversation with a share of sarcasm (otherwise it could also become a mortal boredom), in which the truth is born. Truth is never far away.) It is not absolute. It is impossible to know everything but it is necessary to know everything.) Maybe you will learn something from this conversation. Maybe I will? Is that a bad thing? It's great! It's a workout for our gray matter, and it's much better than stupidly staring into a zombie TV set with the Puppets' followers trying to fill that same gray matter with all kinds of crap!!! ))
I understand your reasoning.
I can easily put myself in your shoes.
And I can reason from your side.
I can reason from different angles...
For example, I'll tell you how decision making happens in my head;

So, you have to make a single decision, which you don't know if it's the right one...
Nevertheless, a decision must be made.
Let's say time is running out and therefore it has to be made...
There is a nucleus from which reasoning proceeds.
The nucleus is like the sun - in the centre.
From it the rays emanate.
I mentally go through each chain of reasoning (each ray).
I go all the way to the end of the line and see what is there.
Although there are many unknowns, the reasoning continues with those known ones.
Seeing what is at the end of the chain, the result is fixed (checked).
I go back to the kernel (the kernel may be understood as a ball of problems).
And so I go through all the available chains in order, up to the expected end (until all the known information in the chain is exhausted, or until I come across a lack of information).
Back in the centre I just have to look around and see all the results of all the chains.
For example, the solution must be the only one.
That's why the best possible result, obtained in passing the chains, is chosen.
Of course, it is far from being the fact that such a procedure will result in the right decision.
However, practice shows that it often helps.

The model described above has been in use lately.
I used to use another, more primitive model;
For instance, there is a problem, but it is not clearly visible.
You can't see it well because it's right in front of your nose.
You can't see the extent of it.
You have to distance yourself from it.
It's as if you're in the city, but you can't see the whole city because you're inside the city.
You get in your car and drive outside the city, to an elevated position.
From there, you can see everything.
And it is easier to make a decision there than when you are in the immediate vicinity.
This can be translated as "wiser in the morning", or do not make a decision in the heat of the moment.
Let time pass. And when you have calmed down, act in cold blood and lightning speed.

In general, there are different models of decision-making.
But everyone chooses the model that suits him or her best.
I, for example, prefer the "Sun" model, because it is multi-faceted.

mmmoguschiy:
It's boring to sit and follow instructions all day and stare at charts!!! And you should take care of your eyesight :-D

Talking on the forum with people who are close to you - that's a great pastime! I would not call it an argument - rather an intellectual conversation with a share of sarcasm (otherwise it could also become a mortal boredom), in which the truth is born. Truth is never far away.) It is not absolute. It is impossible to know everything but it is necessary to know everything.) Maybe you will learn something from this conversation. Maybe I will? Is that a bad thing? It's great! It's a workout for our gray matter, and it's much better than stupidly staring into a zombie TV set with the Puppets' followers trying to fill that same gray matter with all kinds of crap!!! ))
Totally agree.
Don't have time for a detailed reply at the moment.
I'll be back tomorrow.
But you are right. Sometimes staring at a chart is dangerous. It casts a spell. :-))
Predict. Open up. And turn it off.

mmmoguschiy:
I guess you've already taken a hit!!! :-D How can profits grow from losing money? :-D That's why I stepped away from it!!! Yes the general trend has to be seen. And follow it. But on a shorter period of time! How long it is depends on you. For some people it's better to trade on 15 minutes, for others on ticks. The bigger the timeframe you trade on, the more you actually get stuck! If at higher harmonics you can already see the beginning of the reversal and get out of the deal, then, as I wrote earlier, like a silly Masha or a giraffe from the joke at lower frequencies you will see this reversal already too late!!! That's where the emotions and psychology come in!!!
You wrote somewhere above that you're not chasing instant profits? What are you chasing then - a slow drain? :-D
That's how profits can grow, going into minus while increasing the depo into plus. There's a funny paradox, it works fine for me. :)

Globtroter:
I totally agree.
I don't have time right now to give a detailed answer.
I'll be back tomorrow.
But you're right. It's not a good idea to stare at the chart.
Forecast. Open up. And turn it off.
I've been thinking about that for a while now.
Sometimes you open a profitable position and then you have to close it.
and then when you close it, you look at it and it turns out to be profitable...
I've been thinking maybe I don't need to look at them, maybe I know how to trade but I can't stand it...
i'm still trading on the demo. i'm afraid. i can't afford to lose money. i have kids. :)
my wife doesn't know and if she finds out she'll probably kill me :)

No one's here. Where is everybody?

Where are you people? Aren't you discussing anything? :) it's boring here alone

Ultraline:
Where are you people? Aren't you discussing anything? :) it's boring here alone.
Everyone's either asleep or at work.

Globtroter:

there's tons of junk like "time management", "decision making and stuff like that. You can tell - you've worked hard on yourself!!! It's always a pleasure to talk to a wise person!!!

Ultraline:
No one's here. Where is everybody?
I thought I'd take a little break from the discussion. It's very addictive. You lose track of time )). No time to work on yourself, on the system :)

I have already made my pitch for a possible euro rollback already at this stage, but apparently it has not had the necessary emotional effect :-D
Reason: