Hedging Martingale. - page 8

deskipper:
more precisely, in the form of bid-ask price differences
Do you think the idea is a dead end?

edutak:
Do you think the idea is a dead end?
I did not say that. Continue to develop the idea.

transcendreamer:
Yes, but when you close one of your positions, the spread will already be big, so who cares?
Take a piece of paper or a calculator and calculate. The difference is substantial and not in favour of the trader.

deskipper:
I didn't say that. Keep elaborating on the idea.
Then maybe use stop orders, but do not move them in front of the price, but remove them, and only when the price moves at the right speed - leave them.

edutak:

Another grail idea.

No, the loks are unlocked only at levels, hoping that some currency will run somewhere faster than some other is not cool, I do not want to kill the idea, you can certainly try, but was a theme user Kombat on four about "races" between currencies, it did not work for me

transcendreamer

300% or more would be a good thing to confirm with monitoring

in fact, in this new-rena is right, somewhere so it turns out, in the evening i will try to show :)

edutak:

You were saying that for a hedging martingale, moving locks to B/S is not the main thing. The main thing is to reduce losses - what losses? My understanding is that moving locks to B/S is the main thing.

Since it took me 300 pages to find it in Alexander's topic, I will quote Transcendreamera.

A lock is like a stop loss, but without a transfer to the balance.

"Breaking the lock = wagering the stop loss by reopening it from a new level

i suggested looking at the TS and the tray separately, you may perceive the TS + tray as two separate EAs operating on one symbol:

1. there is a TS, it works by itself, it has its own entry - exit conditions, it opens regardless of whether it is at a loss or a profit

2. And there is a lock, and it is used only when the main TS fails

why would you use a lock rather than a stop, just review the two threads I linked in the last message and then write 3 EAs

1. the first one opens trades following any indicator signals and places any take and stop, say 100 pips

2. the second one, in the same way, opens trades, but there is only the take

3. the third one opens trades in the same way, but instead of the stop it enters the lock

The one who has taken the effort and is able to write such an EA and compare the profit variation, will understand why we need lots, even without the need for an EA, manually

edutak, as a variant of autolevels you can try this indicator of levels on fractals, it seems to show more or less accurately, this version, however, 1.5 years ago I wrote, there are glitches, if you like it, I can download a more stable version in the evening

there was a description of the parameters here somewhere

[Индикатор исторических уровней поддержки и сопротивления] Fractal Levels - Индикаторы - Trade Like A Pro
  • forum.tradelikeapro.ru
Название Индикатора: Fractal Levels Сайт продажи: бесплатный Описание: За основу взят _http://www.mql5.com/ru/code/1381 - описание там же. Я только добавил несколько параметров для гибкости конфигурации и заменил фракталы на горизонтальные уровни для большей наглядности input color InpLevelColor = DarkGray;    // цвет уровней input int ...
Files:

Mattingale can only be evil*stupid, but in no way hedging.

artemiusgreat:

edutak, as a variant of autolevels you can try this level indicator on fractals, it seems to show more or less accurately, I wrote this version 1.5 years ago, there are some glitches, if you like it, I can send you a more stable one in the evening

If locs are only placed when the system fails, it may be too late.

For the indicator Thanks, I will take a look at it.

Trading on martingale = playing with a barrel of gunpowder

I hope no one is taking this seriously.

edutak:

If locs are only placed when the system fails, it may be too late.

Thank you for the indicator, I will take a look.

I want an example of when it might be late :)
Reason: