Hedging Martingale. - page 7

artemiusgreat:

it's not just the word "lock", but also ... Oh, my God... martingale, the conservatives are shocked :)

What is your opinion about losing lots?

I know how to reduce drawdowns, Edutak showed me how to increase my profit with them, maybe they have some other hidden features, but I do not know :)

Edutak, Sniper, of course, is not a bad TS, but it's not really what I had in mind, I suggested using lots in a slightly different way, as for the sniper, it has pros and cons.

Pros :

• allows you to set the profit/risk ratio in a very attractive way, but only under certain circumstances, on the downsides I will explain
  • it is true that there is a risk only with the first entry
  • after watching the video, I finally understood what Alexander (NeColla) was talking about, that on a trade you can have a 1/31 profit ratio, once again I will direct you to the Alpari thread "Grail found"

Cons :

• although there is risk only in the first trade, but it is there, so you need a VERY good indicator for the signal, NOT any
  • to increase the profit, you need 2 conditions, the pair has to be in the channel sometimes, but it has to run up and down very fast, so the choice of trades is limited, for example GBPJPY
  • it would be hard to formalize conditions for lots, because it is necessary to know exactly where the price will change (the second and third entries on the video), I don't know if there are such indicators
  • with MT5 locks can be implemented only on RoboFX (I think) and only on the MT5 PRO account, I don't know if it is NDD or not, because there is an MT5 ECN account, that has no locking pairs, and you can only open 3 positions with one symbol, in fact, in the video there are three open positions, so this point can be bypassed
  • i may even help with the calculation of levels for scaling in, if i have time and inspiration, but i still need a reliable indicator for reversals.

If you start to write a robot, try the usual averaging first :

- opens on indicator signal, no stops or takeovers

- At a signal or at certain levels the entry will be added to the initial position

Robot, of course, will have good profit, but SLIVE, just take it as a template for future EA, to which any indicator and strategy can be attached, including sniper.

And some useful phrases from Alexander :)

http://forexsystems.ru/ruchnye-torgovye-strategii-i-taktiki/68109-nauchite-razvodit%60-loki.html

http://ruforum.mt5.com/threads/844-arhiv-lokirovanie-lok-za-i-protiv?p=6101855

Wanted to find another useful post, but there are about 300 pages, too lazy to look ... I gave you a link earlier on FS "Steam Trading Discussion".

edutak:

Yes, Sniper is a good TS, I tried to trade with it - it works. There are other videos with entry points on H1 and M5. Unfortunately, there is no complete information on this system. If you make a robot based on it, the indicators are not needed, the Expert Advisor should draw the support and resistance levels and understand the rate of price movement. ( price movement speed can be implemented in a hedge. martin, instead of indicators)

Hedge martingale: The indicators I mentioned are not suitable - they are slow.

I can't write a robot myself, because I know nothing about it, I don't even understand some of the terms. In fact, you are proposing an anti-martingale algorithm.

You said that for a hedging martingale, moving locks to B/L is not the main thing. The main thing is to reduce losses - what losses? My understanding is that moving locks to B/L is the main thing.

Please explain, what losses are you talking about? And how do you propose to use lots?

Another grail idea.

Two differently directed orders are opened, when the speed of price movement increases, the negative order is closed, while the positive order continues to grow, and is closed on a pullback of a few pips.

edutak:

Another grail idea.

Two differently directed orders are opened, when the speed of price movement increases, the negative order is closed, while the positive order continues to grow, and is closed on a pullback of a few pips.

Great, now imagine that in the initial state there is no order, and when the price speed increases you open a position in the direction of the movement, it takes a profit and closes on a pullback of a few pips

300% or more - it is good practice to confirm with monitoring

transcendreamer:
Well, now imagine that in the initial state there is no order and when the price speed increases , you open a position in the direction of the movement, it takes a profit and closes on a pullback of a few points

It does not work. I ordered such an EA, in the tester it works wonders - on the demo it is losing because of the spread, when the speed increases, the spread increases too.

Hence the proposal to open two orders at once when spread is small.

edutak:

It does not work. I ordered such an EA, in the tester it works wonders - on the demo it is losing because of the spread, when the speed increases, the spread increases too.

Hence the suggestion to open two orders at once, when spread is small.

But when you close one of the positions the spread will be large, do you really care?

transcendreamer:
Yes, but when you close one of your positions the spread will already be high, then does it matter?
The spread is taken when the order is opened. Isn't it?

edutak:
The spread is taken when you open an order. Isn't it?

I have to disappoint you - the spread is always there

It is not "taken" as a commission, it is offered as bid-ask prices.

transcendreamer:

it is not "charged" as a commission, it is offered as bid-ask prices

more precisely, in the form of bid-ask price difference
Reason: