Fractal theory - page 8

223231:
Because as you decrease the timeframe, the behavior of the chart barely changes, in contrast to the timeframe. Plus with time sampling the period of oscillations is less stable than with point sampling. It turns out that timeframe depends not on abstract time, but on transactions performed in the market, and roughly speaking, on the traded volumes, which is equivalent to the volume of resources traded in the market. In my opinion, this is much more correct.

but it will lose / distort time

trading on such charts would probably not be very comfortable (IMHO)

for example the chart section on the news, instead of a fast sharp motion, will be presented as a slowly creeping (relatively) uniform trend

it turns out like watching a film in slow motion... sohow should we handle it?

On the other hand there really is a feeling of some stability, the only question is how to use this chart in practice.

transcendreamer:

but it will lose / distort time

trading on such charts would probably not be very comfortable (IMHO)

for example the chart section on the news, instead of a fast sharp movement, will be presented as a slowly creeping (relatively) uniform trend

it turns out like watching a film in slow motion... sohow should we handle it?

on the other hand there really is a feeling of some stability, the only question is how to use this chart in practice

So I created these charts to investigate the fractal properties of the market). Indeed, some strategies, especially fundamental ones, will not work. The idea stated at the beginning is to find the self-similarity of a characteristic in the market and to use it as the basis for determination of the current market position and forecasting. That's why I asked at the beginning how to convert a fractal pattern back to formula/algorithm. Haven't found an answer yet(.

223231:
So I created these charts to investigate the fractal properties of the market). Indeed some strategies, especially fundamental ones, will not work. The idea stated in the beginning is to find the self-similarity of a characteristic in the market and to determine the current market position and make a forecast based on it. That's why I asked at the beginning how to convert a fractal pattern back to formula/algorithm. Haven't found an answer yet(.

а... if simply as a fractal pattern then - ok.....it turns out as a market spectrogram

transforming a fractal pattern into a formula can be likened to an inverse Fourier transform idea

or as a fitting of a regression equation to the data (I am writing as examples of what I know)

the problem may be that there may be several variants of "assembly" as the equation has several equal roots

Once upon a time I tried to use fractal dimension/hausdorff to estimate market trending

but somehow it didn't quite work out.

not exactly fractals, but... here http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=434603 people discuss a system based on the self-similarity of a graph at different scales

just for information...

transcendreamer:

not exactly fractals, but... here http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=434603 people discuss a system based on the self-similarity of a graph at different scales

just for information...

Thanks, I'll read that, it's interesting

Read the thread - heard the idea of converting a number series back to a formula.

A thought occurred - I'll just share it.

What if a chart is represented as a graphical object and described by a vector chart? The advantage here is obvious - it simplifies the search for patterns on different timeframes, including the method of charting by the author, due to its scalability.

I'm a laggard - it turns out there are ways and software to convert graphics into fractals...

Food for thought on fractals and chaos http://xcont.com/ru.html
Фрактал Герасимова - новый вид фракталов. Фракталы в простых числах.
Фрактал Герасимова - новый вид фракталов. Фракталы в простых числах.
  • xcont.com
Фракталы в простых числах - habrahabr.ru Я обнаружил этот фрактал, когда разглядывал интерференцию волн на поверхности речки. Волна движется к берегу, отражается и накладывается сама на себя. Есть ли порядок в тех узорах, которые создаются волнами? Попробуем найти его. Рассмотрим не всю волну, а только вектор ее движения. "Берега" сделаем...

What if we increase the interval to the next bar on the abscissa axis using Fibonacci numbers rather than fixed points?

-Aleks-:

Read the thread - heard the idea of converting a number series back to a formula.

A thought occurred - I'll just share it.

What if a chart is represented as a graphical object and described by a vector chart? The advantage here is obvious - it simplifies the search for patterns on different timeframes, including the method of charting by the author, due to its scalability.

This is too complicated and not rational. We already have the data, i.e. everything is already decomposed, we just need to find the basic structure and formula, but how to do this is another question
Reason: