Bitcoin and everything associated with it. The home of cryptomaniacs and their adversaries. - page 232

tara:
What exactly won't pay off?

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

Bitcoin and everything connected with it. The home of cryptomaniacs and their opponents.

sanyooooook, 2013.12.26 14:28

i wonder if methaquotav cloud can not be used for mining (i have no idea how it works))

Otherwise so much clean energy is idle )

I meant "won't pay off".

MetaDriver:
No, it's up to the Methaquotes. OpenCL does not work in the cloud. They have a problem with Microsoft's strategy there (Windows services cannot create OpenCL processes). Theoretically there are options to overcome this, but I'm not sure it's not worth it. In particular, I think that mining will not pay off. Other options of using OpenCL in the cloud may be more profitable, but it's not clear which ones. (So, you can keep generating ideas, maybe something will work out.)

Then it's not interesting. Because even CPU mining for bits is done via OpenCL, then you can get speeds from hundreds of kilohesh to several megahes per second on a single core. If you mine with MQL, it is unlikely that you get hundreds of kilo hashes per second? However, all this has to be tested in practice.

Another problem here: MQL doesn't work directly over TCP/IP, and mining over other protocols is problematic to connect. I.e. I'll have to build a gateway via pipes or some other crutch, e.g. to invent a dll. The crutches will eat up all the performance. Besides, we'll need JSON RPC parser as well.

It's a lot of work just to run it for the sake of interest, but you can't see any profit.

komposter:
Meaning "won't be profitable".

You can tell by implication. In particular, if it were possible to profit here, there would be a terrible shortage of cloud computing capacity in the world :)

Also, as I understand it, pools are afraid of botnets and large numbers of vorkers won't do the trick, so you have to disguise the network somehow. This most likely means the need for unproductive data flow.

Распределенные вычисления в сети MQL5 Cloud Network
Распределенные вычисления в сети MQL5 Cloud Network
  • cloud.mql5.com
Заработать деньги, продавая мощности своего компьютера для сети распределенных вычислений MQL5 Cloud Network

maybe someone would like to have a go at me )

https://www.mql5.com/ru/job/12632

MQL5 работа: Отправка POST-запросов из программы mql4
MQL5 работа: Отправка POST-запросов из программы mql4
  • www.mql5.com
Необходимо организовать возможность отправки POST-запросов на сайт из mql4 программы. Необходимо организовать возможность отправки POST-запросов на сайт из mql4 программы. Пост-запрос должен отправляться при помощи WinApi, так же  необходимо будет подписывать данные секретным ключом методом  HMAC-SHA512 Подробности при общении. Задания нет, есть идея.  " Поддержка куков обязательна"

Add that cookie support is compulsory

TheXpert:
Add that cookie support is mandatory.
If you are interested you can supervise the work, I'll pay for it, of course, if the price is reasonable )

komposter:
It's clear that you have to use mat mode. But it won't pay off anyway, will it?

It won't pay off. The intended use of the platform is quite different.

But I have an MD5 hash cracker in MQL5 which is not completely written yet. It efficiently batch-distribute tasks in matrix mode and uses the gamma of tester's capabilities, including automatic speed visualization and display of found passwords.

Maybe I'll post the code as soon as I finish it.

Renat:

It won't pay off. The intended use of the platform is quite different.

Frankly speaking, I thought you wanted to develop also the ...@home type industry, and there can be anything from mining to molecular computing and bruteforcing anything, otherwise it is really not clear why OpenCL was introduced.

After all, it is practically inapplicable for ordinary trading tasks and in general a very specific area.

sanyooooook:
If you're interested you can supervise the work, I'll pay for it, as long as it's within a reasonable price.)
Nah, I'm just here to help you out. All the trading that can be done on an API terminal doesn't essentially require one.

TheXpert:

Frankly speaking, I thought you wanted to develop the ...@home type industry as well, and there can be anything from mining to molecule computing and bruteforcing anything, otherwise it is really unclear why OpenCL was introduced.

After all, it is practically inapplicable for ordinary trading tasks and in general a very specific area.

You're making something up for yourself.

For common tasks it is very applicable, it is enough to think about batching calculations instead of doing silly things like "I will pass a 100 nanosecond task to cloud".

Reason: