Interesting topic for many: what's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 12

I think the testing speed is the same. it's just that mt5 is more believable, more ticks, more quality.

2. Will the quality of simulated testing on MT4 increase?

3. In the MT5 Market you can publish programs for free and the author receives reputation and credits for downloading them on MQL5 Community. Will there be something similar in MT4 Market?

paladin800:

2. Will the quality of simulated testing on MT4 increase?

3. In the MT5 Market you can publish programs for free and the author receives reputation and credits for downloading them on MQL5 Community. Will there be something similar in MT4 Market?

The Market will be the same, it will be a sub-division for MT4 programs.

Vladon:
3. There will be one market, but this market will have a sub-section for mt4 programs.
If they download my freeware, will my MQL5 Community account repa grow?

paladin800:
If they download my free program, will my MQL5 Community account repa grow?

Yes it will,

GODZILLA is growing :)

Renat:

I've always found it convenient to read help in a sub-window of the editor, rather than in a separate window as it is in five.

will this feature remain in four?

sanyooooook:

I've always found it convenient to read the help in a sub-window of the editor, rather than a separate window as it is in five.

Unfortunately, no.

The four's editor is going away completely, and the five's will be in its place. The IDE and compiler are now the same for both platforms. The editor can work with both MQL4 and MQL5. The compiler is also a single one - just mql.dll, which can compile both languages.

sanyooooook:

I've always found it convenient to read help in a sub-window of the editor, rather than in a separate window as it is in five.

I used to write about this too... but then I got used to it. in 5 it's even more convenient - more visible, but you constantly have to click on the help to see it.

Renat:

Unfortunately. no.

The four's editor is going away completely, and the five's will take its place. Now the IDE and compiler are the same for both platforms. The editor can handle both MQL4 and MQL5. The compiler is also a single one - just mql.dll, which can compile both languages.

It's a pity, it was so handy. (

Vladon:
By the way, I used to write about it too... but then I got used to it. 5 is even more convenient - you can see more, but you constantly have to click on the help window to look it up.

That's what's so annoying about having to switch windows all the time.

ZS: but it's more a matter of habit

Reason: