MT5 For those who care about speed. - page 9

C-4:
... and a good VPS for $8.

We need to measure the ping...maybe the UPU can beat a good computer...Who knows how packets are traced...?

You should be using numbers, not emotions...

Heroix:

Shelandr, with your approach to trading, you don't need all this. There's no algorithm.

You're like that cat - when there's nothing to do, it licks its own balls.

My algorithm just got bogged down in traffic, that's why I thought about it - I was trading blind like everyone else.

shelandr:
My algorithm just got bogged down in traffic, that's why I thought about it - I traded like everyone else blindly.

The main thing is that nothing gets in the way of this algorithm=)

In fact, with some excerpts from tcp, etc., you've rambled on for 10 pages, and absolutely no specifics (i.e. what you were trying to do even a little bit).

shelandr:
My algorithm is just limited by traffic, that's why I am thinking about it, because I traded like everyone else.

Let's be specific, what is the problem there?

Write specifically, if not the algorithm (unfortunately, I don't care), then the situation where the EA is limited by the speed.

Preferably, do not only contain the minimum information, such as: order sending price vs. the obtained results.

sion:

The main thing is that nothing gets in the way of this algorithm=)

In fact, with some excerpts from tcp, etc., you've rambled on for 10 pages, and absolutely no specifics (i.e. what you tried to do even a little bit).

For today, the problem is outlined. Discuss ways and means of solving it.

We are looking for co-authors. What kind of report? Yes, and what specifics do you expect, install the program and you will get speed and happiness? I am still deciding which way to go and some schemes are being looked at...

There was hope for the developers, but they protect intellectual property.

I have a suspicion that the broker (Alpari) sometimes slows down the closing and opening of positions. (as from the adviser and from a terminal MT4.)

And on time of the order of 1 minute. Especially in the period of strong price movement.

Therefore, there are following steps:

1 A switch to the terminal MT5, using asynchronous trading commands.

2 Periodic monitoring of the server's response time.

3 Modernization of the equipment, lines of communication with the modem, Internet provider...

You should start with ping measurements from the broker's server.

shelandr:

Therefore, the following steps can be seen:

1 Switching to MT5 terminal.

2 Periodic monitoring of server response time.

3 Upgrade your hardware, communication lines with the modem, internet provider...

You should start with ping measurements from the broker's server.

Step number zero. Change your broker to one that executes on the market. Or choose another account at the broker you mentioned, but not with Instant Execution.

shelandr: I have a suspicion that broker (Alpari) sometimes slows down position closing and opening. (both from Expert Advisor and from MT4 terminal).

I used to think that the construction "as... as and..." applied to mutually exclusive arguments, i.e. it is analogous to XOR in Boolean logic.

Hence the question: doesn't your Expert Advisor work in the terminal?

i_logic:

I would like the spread to be no more than 10 pips. Change the broker to one that performs according to the market. Or choose another account with the broker you mentioned, but not with Instant Execution.

I will have to change the broker anyway - MT5 only has Demo... I'll work out the principle and then I'll have to look for one.

I think Alpha was recommended. And I would like the spread on Eurobucks to be no more than 10 pips.

Mathemat:

Hence the question: does your Expert Advisor not work in the terminal?

You can open and close a position either with an EA or manually from the terminal.

The Expert Advisor opens (sound plays) = position is not closed. Stop Loss does not work either.

I manually click - the reaction is zero. The terminal does not react. One minute goes by, everything is working and position is closing.

shelandr:

The position can be opened and closed either with an EA or manually from the terminal.

Expert Advisor triggers (sound plays) = position is not closed.

I manually click - no reaction. The terminal does not react at all. One minute passes and everything is working and position is closing.

Your desire is understandable - to get to the bottom of this and break it down.

But unfortunately the reality is that there are a lot of factors involved.

I don't know how to do this, but I'm not sure how to do it. + Maybe change the server of the same broker.

You just have to try.

----

Are you describing the situation on a real or demo account?

Reason: