Looking for a manager - page 2

gunia:

What is the reason for 1.0 being the minimum lot? It's 0.01 lots all the time.

Serious min 1.0, and where 0.01 - I have no confidence

A100:
Serious min 1.0 and where 0.01 - I have no confidence

min 0.1 step 0.01 is now standard for brokerage companies on ECN

You may work with deposit of 5-10k$, with 10-20% monthly, they do not interfere.

abolk:
... they're going to sell out anyway. Financial markets are evil ... it is my contention thateveryone ends up losingeverything. But some people admit it, while others get smart, and others build their trading systems with this statement in mind. Those who build their systems with this statement in mind don't lose. But those patheticfew...

Zack offered to invest, and a top programmer warns him about the futility of his proposal and advises him what to do ... If you are not a trader, why bother with this? You may better write an article or explain the reasons of sinking, and what should be considered in Expert Advisors that are concluded at real prices, and what's the problem with your basic algorithms that allow to test something.

abolk:

Aha, Mr Bolkonsky, it's time to write part two on William Blough's trading systems. It's been almost two years now.

P.S. By the way, I myself am thinking of a new article on the subject of statistics, which is known to be a pseudoscience.

I hope the article will be a bombshell of interest - for those who like to wiggle their brains once in a while.

Заблуждения, Часть 2: Статистика - лженаука, или Хроника пикирующего бутерброда - Статьи по MQL4
  • www.mql5.com
Заблуждения, Часть 2: Статистика - лженаука, или Хроника пикирующего бутерброда - Статьи по MQL4: примеры использования экспертов, тестирования и оптимизации

vspexp:

horror, Zack offered to invest, and a top programmer warns him about the futility of his proposal and advises him on what to do ... If you are not a trader, why bother to stir up the thread?

Firstly, the word "trader" should be capitalised.

Secondly, elrid wrote: "I will consider all suggestions.

Thirdly, no one is stopping you (or anyone else) from offering or advising elrid investments. And we will all discuss in this thread (after a while) whose advice - yours or mine - was more useful.

Fourthly, I did not speak about a "general drain". Moreover, there are confirmed examples that there is no "universal drain": Buffett, Soros. Only such examples (extremely sporadic examples) are not the rule, but the exception.

p.s. Don't kid yourself.

abolk:

.... I didn't say anything about a "total drain". Moreover, there are proven examples that there is no "universal drain": Buffett, Soros. Only such examples (extremely sporadic examples) are not the rule but the exception.

abolk2013.02.16 23:09
... You are missing the key factor - the time range. So my answer toyou would be - yes, I claim thateveryone ends up leakingeverything.

Sorry, although those two contrary statements have "messed with my head" ... although yes, I agree that there is no consistent steady income in forex all the time (not for everyone).

As an example,

I've met people who invest in different Traders, in this batch a few lose and a few take profit, as a result the investor (from their words) has a more or less stable ~10% per month and a constant fuss with screening/selecting traders.

about exceptions to the rules - one of the DCs does not and informs about their clients' trading results for the month, judging by their statistics /extraction/:

"....
The percentage of profitable trades exceeded the percentage of losing trades more than 2 times and amounted to 68.04%.

Maximum profit of the month of December was1710.13% of the deposit.
The most active client performed 737 trades, 78.25% of which were profitable.

The most profitable trade brought our client 176.3% profit...."

I.e.there are Traders who make money, although they are not all "in the know", but that's another matter :)

Give it a rest, you two. No one will hear or understand anyone anyway. Everyone will stick to their opinions and go their own way (most likely the wrong way).

Mathemat:

Aha, Mr Bolkonsky, it's time to write the second part about William Blough's trading systems. It's been almost two years now.

P.S. By the way, I myself am thinking of a new article on statistics, which is known to be a pseudoscience.

I hope the article will be a bomb of interest - for those who like to move their brains sometimes.

Hi Alexey!

And what topic exactly do you want to cover?

My God, there's a lot of flubbing in my thread. And nothing on the subject ))

My offer still stands (read the first post) - write in private.

MQL5.community - Памятка пользователя
MQL5.community - Памятка пользователя
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
Вы недавно зарегистрировались и у вас возникли вопросы: Как вставить картинку в сообщение на форуме, как красиво оформить исходный код MQL5, где находятся ваши Личные сообщения? В этой статье мы подготовили для вас несколько практических советов, которые помогут быстрее освоиться на сайте MQL5.community и позволят в полной мере воспользоваться доступными функциональными возможностями.

alexeymosc: And what exactly is the topic you want to cover?

System testing. The idea is very simple, but rewarding.

The rest is a secret for now, let it be a bit of a mystery. I can give you more details in private.

Reason: