Download MetaTrader 5

Examples: Method of Determining Errors in Code by Commenting

To add comments, please log in or register
Have you discovered something really important? Write an article and receive 200 USD!
MetaQuotes Software Corp.
MetaQuotes Software Corp. 2008.08.22 08:40 

New article Method of Determining Errors in Code by Commenting has been published:

The article describes a method of searching the errors in the MQL4 code that is based on commenting. This method is found to be a useful one in case of problems occuring during the compilation caused by the errors in a reasonably large code.

This article describes a simple algorithm of searching the errors in an MQL code. The problems during the compilation due to the errors in the code often occur after writing a program. These can be all sorts of errors, but any way it is necessary to quickly recognize the code block where the error is commited.

As often as not, people spend a lot of time and nerves on searching some odd bracket. However, there is a method of fast location of errors that is based on the usage of commenting. So it is the method I'll tell you about in this article.

Author: Eryomin Sergey

Bogdan Caramalac
Bogdan Caramalac 2008.08.23 10:57  

Nice article, I do the same way to find errors, especially the ones about parentheses :)) 

Sometimes I also move some of the code in open notepad windows.

MQL4 Comments
MQL4 Comments 2008.08.23 13:00  

HI

Yes this is the way I have been debugging code for the 40 years I have been programming. I thought it was what we all did.

Ross

To add comments, please log in or register