Pure maths, physics, logic (braingames.ru): non-trade-related brain games - page 64

Mathemat:

Well, yes, orthogonal. But the velocity is back to what it was before the snowfall. The momentum didn't change anywhere.

Perpendicular to the movement, not to the axis of motion. Oh, for fuck's sake.

That is, perpendicular to the axis, in terms of an inertial system with the cart as zero.

TheXpert:

Perpendicular to the movement, not to the axis of motion. Oh, dear...

That is, perpendicular to the axis, in terms of an inertial system with the cart as zero.

I don't see the difference, sorry, Andrew.

Mathemat:
I don't see the difference, sorry, Andrei.

The difference is the speed of the cart.

In your interpretation, the cleared cart will travel farther.

TheXpert:

The difference is the speed of the cart.

In your interpretation, the cart being cleared will travel further.

Are you saying that the trajectories of the two carts are different? One is straight and the other is curved?

Mathemat:
Are you saying that the trajectories of the two carts are different? One is straight and the other is curved?
No, of course not. I'm arguing that snow dumping divides momentum.

TheXpert:
No, of course not. I'm arguing that dumping snow shares momentum.

Yes, but the problem is that we don't know the speed at which the Megamosk is dumping snow. It could be dumping it at second space speed :)

I don't care how fast it does it. It doesn't affect anything. The total momentum of the megamosk-snow-flying-to-the-earth system is still zero.

Mathemat:
What difference does it make if he throws it perpendicularly?

TheXpert: What difference does it make if he throws it perpendicularly?
Then what does momentum sharing have to do with it?

Mathemat:
Then what does this have to do with momentum sharing?
In that the projection of the velocity of the dumped snow is equal to the velocity of the cart.

Well, fuck the snow. It flew away and we forgot about it. What about the cart?

OK, so it turns out that the megamotor, throwing the snow, pushes the cart back, or what? Or doesn't it push it at all (if you look at it in the reference frame associated with the cart)?