Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 160

PetrovichV:
You can test for any period. The Expert Advisor just uploads historical data to train the neural network, but it does not give any data earlier than two years ago!
Try to test some standard Expert Advisor in the terminal from the date you need. If it works, then there is something wrong with your neural network. And look how much RAM you have, maybe you don't have enough, and that's why MT5 cannot digest all the history.

There is another 800MB of RAM available while the tester is running.

This seems to be a limitation of those who wrote the tester.

They didn't think anyone would be testing for November 2013 but downloading data for the last few years.

That's why they set such a limit. Of course I can set all the required period, but then the speed drops, and due to the peculiarities of my EA I cannot automatically test the forward period!

PetrovichV:

There is another 800MB of RAM available while the tester is running.

This seems to be a limitation of those who wrote the tester.

They didn't think anyone would be testing for November 2013 but downloading data for the last few years.

That's why they set such a limit. Of course I can set all the required period, but then the speed drops, and based on the features of my Expert Advisor I cannot automatically test the forward period!

So, I have understood you correctly. And what peculiarity of the Expert Advisor prevents it from running the test, even with a loss of speed?

tol64:
So I have understood you correctly. And what peculiarity of the Expert Advisor prevents from running the test, even at a loss of speed?

Suppose I want to test backtest from November 03 to 17 and forward from 17 to 01.12.

I set these dates in the tester, and the Expert Advisor takes the historical data for several years back, fits the neural network and tests the back and forward.

But if I set dates in the tester several years back, then after the test I have to move the date forward by 01.12, write several hundred results and re-test.

And the difference in speed: one to seven, i.e. one test takes a week. And if the data is downloaded by an expert, it is one night.

PetrovichV:

Suppose I test from 03 November to 17 November back test and from 17 to 01.12 forward.

Try for an experiment back test for example 2013.01.01-2013.04.01 and forward 2013.04.02-2013.07.01. Maybe 2 weeks there and back is not enough.

PetrovichV:

Suppose I want to test backtest from November 03 to 17 and forward from 17 to 01.12.

I set these dates in the tester, and the Expert Advisor takes the historical data for several years back, fits the neural network and tests the back and forward.

But if I set dates in the tester several years back, then after the test I have to move the date forward by 01.12, write several hundred results and re-test.

And the difference in speed: one to seven, i.e. one test takes a week. And if the data is downloaded by an expert, it is one night.

Feature of the tester at the moment is described in detail in the help (below a key point regarding your case):

The feature is that the tester downloads some additional data before the specified period (to form at least 100 bars). This is necessary for more accurate testing and optimisation. For example, when testing on the weekly timeframe, two additional years are loaded.

If there is not enough history data to form additional 100 bars (it is especially relevant for monthly and weekly timeframes), for example, if you select the testing start date close to the start of existing history data, the testing start date will be automatically moved. A corresponding record of this will be displayed in the strategy tester journal.

//---

I think it would be better if you could set the data limits yourself. Or even make the data for the test fully available (on request), and the test was conducted from a set date. Try to have a request made to Service Desk.

tol64:

The feature of the tester at the moment is described in detail in the help (below is the key point regarding your case):

The feature is that the tester loads itself with some additional data before the specified period (to form at least 100 bars). This is necessary for more accurate testing and optimisation. For example, when testing on the weekly timeframe, two additional years are loaded.

If there is not enough history data to form additional 100 bars (it is especially relevant for monthly and weekly timeframes), for example, if you select the testing start date close to the start of existing history data, the testing start date will be automatically moved. A corresponding record of this will be displayed in the strategy tester journal.

//---

I think it would be better if you could set the data limits yourself. Or even make the data for the test fully available (on request), and the test was conducted from a set date. Try to have a request made to Service Desk.

Thank you.

installed MT5 Build 871 , run it from G:\Alpari NZ MT5\terminal.exe /portable
at startup two files are loaded

C:\Users\EA\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\D0 DE812558162F0D8E691DBC0C50B7DB\liveupdate\temp\mt5 clwide.871
C:\Users\EA\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\D0 DE812558162F0D8E691DBC0C50B7DB\liveupdate\temp\mt5 clwtst.871
After restarting MT5, antivirus is fighting and won't allow the update.
http://about-threats.trendmicro.com/...ware/Mal_Xed-3
- antivirus is fresh

- I tried to copy the terminal already updated and it ended up that the antivirus deleted new terminal's executables taking them as infected.
Is there any way to prevent terminal from updating automatically and loading these files every time I start TM5?

There is no way to add it to antivirus exception.

The problem is the files will be downloaded all the time when I start MT5 and it eats 8MB of traffic each time.
C:\Users\EA\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\D0 DE812558162F0D8E691DBC0C50B7DB\liveupdate\temp\mt5 clwide.871
C:\Users\EA\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\D0 DE812558162F0D8E691DBC0C50B7DB\liveupdate\temp\mt5 clwtst.871
The following files get scolded by the antivirus: metatester64.exe, metaeditor.exe, metatester.exe. but it returns metatester64.exe from quarantine cured but metaeditor.exe, metatester.exe. - deletes.
Перенаправление...
  • forum.alpari.ru
Forex / Форекс Форум. Дилинговый Центр Альпари - самый популярный форекс дилинг клуб для трейдеров и инвесторов.

alexx_ee:

There is no way to add to the antivirus exception.

Terrible things are happening in the world... I have McAfee getting along well with terminals, no problem. Before it, Avast was fine, it didn't throw anything at me for nothing. Before them, Kaspersky was quite decent.

And what are you suggesting, that the terminal give up its protection? Wouldn't it be better to change the dumb antivirus?

Please help newbie! Why is my Expert Advisor not opening orders with this condition (MT4)?

double Bands_Low_1=iBands("EURUSD", PERIOD_H1, 20, 2, 0, PRICE_CLOSE, MODE_LOWER, 1);

if(Bands_Low_1==Ask), etc.

The problem is in the condition, since changing it all starts working.

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Ценовые константы
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Ценовые константы
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Ценовые константы - Документация по MQL5
Reason: