MetaTrader 5 on a live account - page 5

Yedelkin:

Personally, I don't care at all about the "lack of visualisation in the strategy tester", because I've never encountered this beast before.

People are interested in the reasons of delayed availability of MT5 from brokers. If the reason is the lack of API, then it is logical to assume that people will also be concerned about the API.

12 630304 Yedelkin Russia 848 1.20 30 261.41 140.00 30 401.41

A weighty argument!!!

Maybe you're just a genius.

gisip:
12 630304 Yedelkin Russia 848 1.20 30 261.41 140.00 30 401.41

A weighty argument!!!

Maybe you're just a genius.

What's that got to do with the championship? :) All competitors are on equal footing - no visualization.

Yedelkin:

What's the championship got to do with it? :) The Expert Advisor is living its own life: it rises in the top ten in the middle of the week and by the end of the week it may appear in the last hundred :)

I have detected one error before the Championship (I seem to have uncommented one line) and another one occurred on the second day of the Championship (the appearance of doubled pending orders). After that I assumed a complete loss during the first month of the Championship.

So, the performance of the 630304 Expert Advisor is irrelevant to the question of the genius of its designer :) Except for the fact that the idea itself is very persistent.)

I just have to test in real time, because of lack of visualization, constantly staring at the screen and watching how the floating TP and SL behave.

gisip:
I just have to test in real time due to lack of visualisation, constantly stare at the screen and see how the floating TP and SL behave.
Ah, I see the problem. So, I still have it all ahead of me (I mean, familiarity with visualisation) :)

On the whole, everything seems to work in MT5. But everywhere you turn there is something missing, or something incomplete here. Renat's position is clear - to push out a crude product by any means, they start paying for it, and it looks like they beat their competitors, and then we will finish it off. Not a very good approach really. And this is purely technical, I'm not talking about usability, appearance, aesthetics, - shit, not for bums the same program is written, or how ...

ANG3110:

Renat's position is clear - to squeeze out the raw product by any means...

I am not going to argue, but I fundamentally disagree with this statement. Developers, just like users, do not need a "raw" product on the market.

Yedelkin:
I am not going to argue, but I fundamentally disagree with this statement. Developers as well as users do not want a "raw" product on the market.
agree

I may have been too demanding. It's clear that the developers don't really want to push a raw product. But the development just took a long time. A lot of effort and money probably went into it. And probably the developers have a wish to finish development as soon as possible. But there are some things that are really missing. Visualization in the tester. The help is not very good yet, there are not enough examples. There are elementary things missing, etc. МТ4 is much more complete and reliable in this respect. However, it is clear that the creation of such a program is a hard work and not all programmers are able to do it quickly, accurately and completely. Judging by the code, you can see that some programmers are heavy programmers, their heads are not very sharp - I mean code compilation, compactness, optimality and performance. Not everyone can do this, and not even a few people, in fact. Perhaps all the other developers beside Stanislav are "heavyweights". But maybe I'm wrong, maybe there are young talents among them too. In any case, you can understand Renat that he does not want anything bad or of poor quality.

ANG3110, we'll still make it! :)

In time, the current problems will be sorted out.

Renat:

I think the basic functionality of MT5 has already been stabilised. Now it's a work in progress.

There will still be errors, of course - there is no way around it.

That's what I'm saying - it doesn't smell damp. And only a corpse is stable.

Stabilized ?????????

In every build you have a new one, you keep fixing the old one, breaking it.

int a[10],count=10;
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//|                                                                  |
void OnStart()
  {
   func(a,count);// вот тут ругается 'count' - invalid array access
   int g=count; 
   func(a,g);    // а вот тут всё нормально 
  }
void func(int &a[],int count){}

It's elementary that you can't pass a globally declared variable into a function, not to mention more complicated things.

I'm really sick of catching bugs, I already want to code as in a stable language.

And about corpses, a corpse is not stable either. You do not move forward you go backward, neutral life has no (c).

Reason: