The future of automated trading: round two - page 26

MetaDriver:

Hello all.

Interesting idea, about the business plan. I suppose even a strong list of arguments "for" + at least approximate (but realistic) calculations would suffice.

Ready to participate in the formation of such a list. For I fully share the position of Prival .

Hi! Where have you been?)

Mischek:

Access to tick history could probably be made payable . One year of EURUSD ticks = XXX quid per terminal. If anyone needs it, buy it and download it. Maybe it would be possible to protect them from copying and distribution.

My next question is whose ticks we should give. Suppose a user of brokerage company "Antoshka" wants ticks. It is obvious that he wants tics from dts "Antoshka" and it is obvious that these tics must have , as one would say ,

a kind of legal status. Maybe so with time, but not in the next year or two or three ...

About paid access: I don't think it's up to MetaQuotes to decide whether it's paid or free.

The important thing is that the ability to broadcast and write ticks itself should be in the MT server module (and in the terminal, respectively, the ability to process).

It seems to me if such a possibility is available, DTs will obtain a powerful tool for healing relationships with suspicious clients - being published publicly, the tick history may solve forever the disputes about "what was and was not" in quotes, and stop all baseless insinuations of offended paranoiacs. This may already be economically profitable for honest brokerage companies ....

As for traffic costs, at a glance :

1. - we need advanced algorithms to compress tick history.
  2. - The deep history should be available only on special request. By default, download bars (and perhaps emulate ticks with a tester tick-generation algorithm).
  3. - We live almost in the middle of XXI century. Traffic is getting cheaper every day, disk space is getting cheaper too, transmission speeds are not lagging behind (which, of course, does not cancel the first two points).

Mischek:

Hey! Where have you been? We were getting worried.)

:) Yes, I've been in the sump. I sometimes have such periods of reflection when I try not to write anything but digest all my accumulated experience.

I am not over this period yet - I am not writing code yet. Although I sincerely hope that it will soon be.....

I'll just hang out on the forum for a while.

MetaDriver:

Oh, good to see you!

When people start to pay more attention to ticks, the DCs will try to perform better in this competition, and when the gloating filters of the DCs disappear, the quality of services will increase.

Timbo, and others like him, believe that in the market the objectives of the participants are the same - to profit from the difference between present and future value. However, this is not the case. Not everyone sees the market as a vehicle for speculative profit. For some it is a tool to sell risk (hedge). For others, it is a simple money-commodity or commodity-money exchange. And they will be exchanged in any case and at any current price. A simple example: let's assume that the whole world knows that tomorrow, due to the words of Tresche, the euro against the dollar will fall by 100 points. A tourist coming from the U.S. to Europe today will exchange his dollars for euro at a higher price than he could do it tomorrow (euro is still at a price). As a trader, he is acting irrationally, because he knows for a fact (including himself) that he can buy cheaper Euros tomorrow. Why doesn't he do it? Because for him today's more expensive euro represents more value than tomorrow's cheaper euro (the cost of a spoon to the dinner table). That is the irrational behaviour of market participants. So why does a tourist do that? Very simply, he would rather spend some of his expensive euros today (book a hotel room, order lunch in a restaurant, etc.) than wait for Tresche's words at the train station tomorrow. The example is primitive, but it works, and on a much larger scale than it might seem at first glance. We live in a world of relative values, and what is not profitable for the trader may be profitable for another market participant. That is, there will always be those on whom to make money, but those on whom we make money are not against it at all, and will always be willing to pay us. Therefore, inefficiencies will always remain at a certain level.

Mr.FreeMan:
When people start to look more closely at ticks, the DCs will try to perform better in this competition, and when the gloating filters of the DCs disappear, the quality of services will also increase.
very reasonable idea ... i am afraid that methaquotes will not go for it... even pipsing is prohibited in the Championship, although i don't know any pipsing strategy that can make you win in the long run.

maryan.dirtyn:
That's a very sensible idea... But i'm afraid metaquotes won't go for it... even pipsing is banned in the Championship, although i don't know any pipsing strategy that can make you rich in the long term.

You don't have to be afraid of anything. If they don't go today, they might go tomorrow.

We are thinking about the future of auto-trading. If there is mature thinking, there will be mature solutions from MetaQuotes.

Amen to that.

C-4:

Oh, good to see you!
Thanks. Likewise!

maryan.dirtyn:
very sensible idea... but i'm afraid the methaquotes won't go for it... even pipsing is banned in the championship, although i don't know of any pipsing strategy that can make you rich in the long term.
That's because you don't know how to cook them :o)
Reason: