Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 2276

mytarmailS:

how does logarithmic help to recognize the patterns I drew above?

That's what I thought...

mytarmailS:

you can proxy anything, I need a way to be invariant to time, amplitude, frequency

first approximation, then normalize

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

first upprox, then normalize

how do you propose to normalize time?

mytarmailS:

How do you propose to normalize time?

are you stupid? for time upsampling or downsampling via interpolation/approximation

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Are you stupid? For time upsampling or downsampling via interpolation/approximation.

No...

interpolation/extrapolation is the same as doing it with different sized windows, it's the same fucked up.

Do you know how much time it takes? At each iteration.

mytarmailS:

how does logarithmic help you recognize the patterns I drew above?

Just logarithm each of these pieces. Meaning, go from a series X(t) to a series log(X(t)). Then you have to remember the shift. And then you can already DTW.

mytarmailS:

No...

interpolation/extrapolation is the same as screwing with different sized windows, the same losses.

Do you realize how much time it takes? For every iteration.

What's it all for?
Night fluctuations in 2 hours and day fluctuations in 20 minutes may be similar in form, but they have different causes, different driving force, different patterns, different participants.
And the daily 20-minute and 3-hour fluctuations are also different.

I think only commensurable ones should be combined as one pattern, for example if they differ by no more than 30-50% in time and/or amplitude.

elibrarius:

And why all this?

Because there are no equally repetitive patterns on the market... in a fixed scale exactly, I want to check in another scale

Reason: