Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 18

Just a few ideas:

I tried to make such a system purely in MQL4:

formed a vector of inputs (just the difference between prices with a lag)

formed ideal inputs and outputs (there are a lot of methods, I chose the one that caught my fancy).

All this for 5 minute bars for example.

Then at every new bar I increased the array and also tried to find similar patterns from the past and calculate the percentage of entries for buy and sell in a multidimensional sphere of a variable radius. That thing was being tested for a very long time. The results were unstable.

I want to try such research in R again sometime. That is, it is a search for entry and exit by Euclidean distance.

mytarmailS:

Cluster is a little different, well, say the market now is the cluster number 5, the next candle will be the cluster number 18, it will not give us anything because we do not have time to trade cluster number 5, and in SMM is the concept of state, the state can last a certain time

Or maybe I don't understand your thought?

Clusters are long row sequences (even 100 candlesticks). You can make a bunch of inputs on the basis of these long sequences. And at some point the system goes from cluster 5 to cluster 45, but it happens so to speak smoothly.

Alexey Burnakov:

Just a few ideas:

I tried to make such a system purely in MQL4:

formed a vector of inputs (just the difference between prices with a lag)

formed ideal inputs and outputs (there are a lot of methods, I took the one that caught my fancy).

All this for 5 minute bars for example.

Then at every new bar I increased the array and also tried to find similar patterns from the past and calculate the percentage of entries for buy and sell in a multidimensional sphere of a variable radius. That thing was being tested for a very long time. The results were unstable.

I want to try such research in R again sometime. That is search of entry and exit by Euclidean distance.

Also did the similar thing, too proximity searched through Euclid and Pearson correlation, Euclid should be less than 0.27 and correlation more than 0.97, i.e. the patterns were almost one-to-one, the similarities were looked for in the series of three candlesticks in all 4 prices OHLC + volume + volatility, the prices are the same, just scaled and centered (scale, center) resulting, as I wrote before, the price moves against its own forecasts with an inverse correlation -0.6-0,9, I'm afraid even crossvalidation won't help here, at least in the Euclidean space, maybe this is the answer why 99% lose their money

Alexey Burnakov:
Long sequences of series (even 100 candlesticks) are clustered. It is possible to make a bunch of inputs based on these long sequences. And at some point the system switches from cluster 5 to cluster 45, but it happens so to say slowly.
The thing is that if we do cluster 45 on the sequence of 100 candlesticks, we know it is cluster 5 on 101 candlesticks of cluster 5, i.e. we missed 100 candlesticks) And in SMM, being on cluster 45, we already know that probably we will go to cluster number 5

And another question for connoisseurs R

library(kza)

DAT <- rnorm(1000)

KZP <- kzp(DAT,m=100,k=3)

summary(KZP, digits=2,top=3)

how can i get it out of "summary" http://prntscr.com/bhtlo9 so i can work with these digits

Скриншот
Скриншот
  • prnt.sc
Снято с помощью Lightshot

Dr.Trader:

I tried to read the article on r-bloggers, but because I do not know English I do not understand anything, can you explain me in plain language what is the essence of this method of selection, how it works?

Purely intuitive and based on the first test results, I suspect that this method is very similar to the method of principal components, and maybe even the same ...

First test , i had a sample of 30 predictors , i trained RF error got Accuracy : 0.6511

then i selected them using your method

we got 14 predictors, the error was Accuracy: 0.6568

In fact, we've eliminated half of the predictors and improved the forecast result a little bit, which is not bad

I will try other datasets.....

Another question, why if I use the same data in rattle I get 3-6% error in verification data, how should I understand it?

mytarmailS:
The thing is that if we make a cluster on a sequence of 100 candles we know it's cluster #5 on 101 candles of cluster #5, i.e. we blew 100 candles) And in SMM being on cluster number 45, we already know that probably we will go to cluster number 5
We did not miss anything. At the first check we will know the cluster. At the points of transitions from cluster to cluster, we can build a square matrix and change the trade's MO: enter buy at cluster n, close the trade at cluster m. Then the same matrix for sell. All variants are just going through. And you can vary the clustering parameters and look at the result in the loop.

mytarmailS:

I tried to read the article on p-bloggers, but because I do not know English I do not understand anything, can you explain me in plain language what is the essence of this method of selection, how it works?

Purely intuitive and based on the first test results, I suspect that this method is very similar to the method of principal components, and maybe even the same ...

First test , i had a sample of 30 predictors , i trained RF error got Accuracy : 0.6511

then i selected them using your method

we got 14 predictors, the error was Accuracy: 0.6568

In fact, we've eliminated half of the predictors and improved the forecast result a little bit, which is not bad

I will try other datasets.....

And another question, why if the same data are loaded into rattle, then there is a 3-6% error in the validation data, how do I understand it?

The method of main components with some modification is used.

The main idea of using this method is not to increase prediction accuracy. The main idea is that the obtained prediction accuracy would remain approximately the same in the future. In practice, and we know this from our tester, it is almost always possible to achieve amazing data from Expert Advisors through optimization. However, with the dull monotony in the future these grails drain the depo. It happens because during training an Expert Advisor learns some particularities that are not repeated in the future. Predictors that have no relation to the target variable, i.e. noise, are especially useful as such singularities. During optimization or model fitting in R it is always possible to extract from this noise some values that can radically improve performance. But that will not happen in the future and the EA will fail.

Once again: you use a tool that allows you to eliminate the differences in the model results on the training sample and on future quotes. As I see it, only having solved the retraining problem, we can move on.

Error less than 10% and all the more 5% - this is an evident proof that the model is retrained. And model overtraining is caused by the set of input predictors, not by the model itself.

SanSanych Fomenko:

3. an error of less than 10%, much less 5%, is clear evidence that the model is over-trained. And model overtraining is due to the set of input predictors, not the model itself.

The question is not why there are different results in R and rattle on the same data and the same model

Question two : what is the point of testing an "out of sample" model on rattle if it shows the hell

mytarmailS:

The question is not why there are different results in R and rattle on the same data and the same model

Question two: what is the point of checking the "out of sample" model on rattle if it shows the hell

You probably have different scaffolding parameters in r and rattle, so the results are different. In rattle itself you can also change the number of trees and variables.

And you have a 34% error in rattle on training data, and a 3% error on validation data? There's something wrong with the test data, either it somehow already existed in the training data, or you have a very small dataset and it just happened to be that way.

Reason: