how to open multiple MT5 instances on Mac - page 2

Its not possible in MAC. I would suggest use parallels to simulate windows environment or just get a medium spec PC.

sorry all, the below solution doesn't work as there is no MT4 or MT5 on Mac Crossover:

https://www.codeweavers.com/crossover/download

So it doesn't work.

Best option is to go with Parallels. Keep in mind that also in Parallels that current version of Parallels doesn't support MT4 anymore - it only support old version of MT5 (not current version of MT5).

Raymond Heriel Mbowe #:
Its not possible in MAC. I would suggest use parallels to simulate windows environment or just get a medium spec PC.

I agree 100%. Parallels Desktop is currently by far the best solution to run native Windows applications on a MAC.

Yes, it costs money, but that's nothing compared to an instable or non-working trading environment that may cost a lot more due to malfunctions.

If you have the money for a MAC, and the money for trading, you should be able to spend some money on appropriate software solutions. 

If not, better quit trading sooner than later.

Manoj Kumar Krishnamurthy Gururaj #:

sorry all, the below solution doesn't work as there is no MT4 or MT5 on Mac Crossover:

https://www.codeweavers.com/crossover/download

So it doesn't work.

Best option is to go with Parallels. Keep in mind that also in Parallels that current version of Parallels doesn't support MT4 anymore - it only support old version of MT5 (not current version of MT5).

update: the latest version of Parallels does accept one version of MT4: from tradersway (version 4.0 Build 1402).

You can start as many as you want using a different wineprefix

WINEPREFIX=/Users/cip/Desktop/Multi-mt5/2 "/Applications/MetaTrader 5.app/Contents/SharedSupport/wine/bin/wine64" "/Users/cip/Library/Application Support/net.metaquotes.wine.metatrader5/drive_c/Program Files/MetaTrader 5/terminal64.exe"

Just create empty folders where ever you want. Mine are /Users/cip/Desktop/Multi-mt5/1,  /Users/cip/Desktop/Multi-mt5/2, /Users/cip/Desktop/Multi-mt5/3 etc. Set that on the WINEPREFIX and run the entire line in a terminal.  

how to open multiple MT5 instances on Mac
how to open multiple MT5 instances on Mac
  • www.mql5.com
Thanks for the advice...

# Ciprian Herman  :

Vous pouvez en démarrer autant que vous le souhaitez en utilisant un préfixe wine différent

Créez simplement des dossiers vidéos où vous le souhaitez. Les miens sont /Users/cip/Desktop/Multi-mt5/1, /Users/cip/Desktop/Multi-mt5/2, /Users/cip/Desktop/Multi-mt5/3 etc. Définissez-le sur WINEPREFIX et exécutez la ligne entière dans un terminal.  

This interests me a lot, not against a simple user so I don't understand what you just wrote!!

Set it to WINEPREFIX--> ie?

run the entire line in a terminal. --> How do I know the entire line to put in the terminal?

sorry but I'm not a Mac pro, just a simple user.

thank you for your return :) :)

Ciprian Herman #:

"/Applications/MetaTrader 5.app/Contents/SharedSupport/wine/bin/wine64" "/Users/cip/Library/Application Support/net.metaquotes.wine.metatrader5/drive_c/Program Files/MetaTrader 5/terminal64.exe"

It works like a charm. Tks

If you have a M1 or newer mac with Sonoma, the best way to use Win apps in 2024 is https://getwhisky.app, you can create multiple installations and run them in parallel. It's much easier and works better than crossover/parallels/etc
Whisky - A modern Wine wrapper for macOS built with SwiftUI
Whisky - A modern Wine wrapper for macOS built with SwiftUI
  • getwhisky.app
Run the latest DirectX 12 titles effortlessly on your Mac with Whisky!
Reason: