Metaeditor mql5 not opening Help Topics

Kindly advise why Help Topics wont open on metaeditor 4/5 . Thanks!

Daniel Cioca: Kindly advise why Help Topics wont open on metaeditor 4/5 . Thanks!

Never had then problem. Are you sure its not opening a window behind the others? Try rebooting the machine or reinstalling MetaTrader again.

EDIT: Or maybe the F1 key is being hijacked by another application.

EDIT2: Also try Ctrl-F1 for Online Documentation access.

Also, make sure that CHM files are being properly handled by Windows:

The HTML Help (CHM file) viewer component may not be properly registered on your PC The system file [Windows]\system32\hhctrl.ocx may be missing, corrupted, or unregistered.

Solution: Run “regsvr32 hhctrl.ocx” command from the command line to register the library in the system.
Your CHM files are stored in the folder with ‘#’ (hash) character in the path Many C# developers discovered that their documentation and e-books in CHM format cannot be read because they were storing their CHM files in the directories like ‘C:\E-books\C#\’ The hash character signifies an anchor in HTML so the CHM viewer fails to resolve the path properly and to retrieve the content.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Never had then problem. Are you sure its not opening a window behind the others? Try rebooting the machine or reinstalling MetaTrader again.

EDIT: Or maybe the F1 key is being hijacked by another application.

EDIT2: Also try Ctrl-F1 for Online Documentation access.

Thank you for this.

So on the same computer, metaeditor4 help  is working if I press F1 or I manually click on Help Tab, but for metaeditor 5 is not openinng.

And on other computer metaeditor4 and 5 both, are not opening if I hit F1 or ctrlF1 or if I click on HelpTab

Daniel Cioca #: Thank you for this. So on the same computer, metaeditor4 help  is working if I press F1 or I manually click on Help Tab, but for metaeditor 5 is not openinng. And on other computer metaeditor4 and 5 both, are not opening if I hit F1 or ctrlF1 or if I click on HelpTab

What are the respective builds of each of the terminals? I remember vaguely that was one post some weeks back (I think) about one particular build of MT5 that had that problem, but I don't remember which one.

EDIT: I think I found that post ... however, I am using build 3211 and have no problem with it.

EDIT2: Here is another ... Do not open MQL5 Reference by click F1

Do not open MQL5 Reference by click F1
Do not open MQL5 Reference by click F1
  • www.mql5.com
Hi In the new version of MQL5 ,I do not open MQL5 Reference by click F1 , Why? Is there anyone who can help me...

Fernando Carreiro #:

What are the respective builds of each of the terminals? 

I have 3137 MT5  on both of them

Fernando Carreiro #:

What are the respective builds of each of the terminals? I remember vaguely that was one post some weeks back (I think) about one particular build of MT5 that had that problem, but I don't remember which one.

EDIT: I think I found that post ... however, I am using build 3211 and have no problem with it.

EDIT2: Here is another ... Do not open MQL5 Reference by click F1

Did you try reinstall the program? ? May be this will help..

Priyesh Ponthekkan Paul #: Did you try reinstall the program? ? May be this will help..

Why are you telling ME to reinstall MetaTrader? I'm not the one with the issue.

Daniel Cioca #: I have 3137 MT5  on both of them

You are aware that 3137 is a beta build, right? Unless you want to test and handle problems and bugs that come up often with beta builds, don't use them. Stick to the official builds only, unless there is a specific reason for it.

Fernando Carreiro #:

You are aware that 3137 is a beta build, right? Unless you want to test and handle problems and bugs that come up often with beta builds, don't use them. Stick to the official builds only, unless there is a specific reason for it.

Ok..didnt know that...downloaded from brokers website... so the official version from the metaqoutes official?? 

Daniel Cioca #: Ok..didnt know that...downloaded from brokers website... so the official version from the metaqoutes official?? 

No, the official builds are the ones announced here on the forum, and the updates pushed out when connected to the accounts of reputable brokers.

The builds pushed out on the MetaQuotes demo accounts are beta builds.

Currently the most recently announced build was 3210, but soon after that brokers pushed out build 3211 to fix a bug with the display of "15min delayed" on the charts.

So, if you don't want the beta builds don't ever connect to MetaQuotes demo accounts, only broker demo accounts.

New MetaTrader 5 platform build 3210: Revised Sharpe Ratio calculation algorithm, new matrix methods and control over indicator minimum/maximum values
New MetaTrader 5 platform build 3210: Revised Sharpe Ratio calculation algorithm, new matrix methods and control over indicator minimum/maximum values
  • www.mql5.com
The MetaTrader 5 platform update will be released on Friday, February the 11th, 2022...
Reason: