Examples: Expert Advisor for Trading in the Channel

New article Expert Advisor for Trading in the Channel has been published:

The Expert Advisor plots the channel lines. The upper and lower channel lines act as support and resistance levels. The Expert Advisor marks datum points, provides sound notification every time the price reaches or crosses the channel lines and draws the relevant marks. Upon fractal formation, the corresponding arrows appear on the last bars. Line breakouts may suggest the possibility of a growing trend. The Expert Advisor is extensively commented throughout.

Author: Genkov

Hi Genkov, your system seems very interesting. Also personally because I'm particularly interested in 'fractal' by CouponDropDown">analysis.

Having had a glance at the code (I'm an ex experienced programmer), and also at one picture included in your article, you consider all the timeframes, the smallest (m1) included.

I was wondering if the expert would work consistently on all timeframes, since I'm interested in swing trading, long term by CouponDropDown">trading, and, in the initial stage of my trading work,

in scalping (this latter strategy in an attempt to initially grow my account till a certain 'thresold', so you know, the more the frequencies of trades you put,

the more the negative effect of spreads to consider.

Hi,

Is it possible to adjust this EA to trade outside the channel? So a buy or a sell order when the prince moves out of the boundaries?

I want to create my own breakout EA (new to programming) and I hope to hear from someone.

MQL4 Comments:

Hi Genkov, your system seems very interesting. Also personally because I'm particularly interested in 'fractal' by CouponDropDown">analysis.

Having had a glance at the code (I'm an ex experienced programmer), and also at one picture included in your article, you consider all the timeframes, the smallest (m1) included.

I was wondering if the expert would work consistently on all timeframes, since I'm interested in swing trading, long term by CouponDropDown">trading, and, in the initial stage of my trading work,

in scalping (this latter strategy in an attempt to initially grow my account till a certain 'thresold', so you know, the more the frequencies of trades you put,

the more the negative effect of spreads to consider.

It's been a long time since this article was published, and so because you wrote

" (I'm an ex experienced programmer)" ......... "I was wondering if the expert would work consistently on all timeframes"

Hoping to benefit from your established  experience in this matter, I imagine you've had enough time to do Strategy Testing on all the timeframes.

What has been the result?

I have compiled this code, there are 11 errors and 18 warning. I don't know why it can work 
Files:

White Rose #:
I have compiled this code, there are 11 errors and 18 warning. I don't know why it can work 

a very interesting concept let me convert it to mq5 and add my ideas and post it here 

Martijn de Boer #:

Hi,

Is it possible to adjust this EA to trade outside the channel? So a buy or a sell order when the prince moves out of the boundaries?

I want to create my own breakout EA (new to programming) and I hope to hear from someone.

did you manage to create one

Reason: