OP_BUYSTOP/OP_SELLSTOP OrderSend with SL=0 and TP=0 return me error 130 (invalid stops!) - page 2

To add comments, please log in or register
Irwan Adnan
Irwan Adnan  
Pls check stop level at symbol properties and make sure the price is higher or lower (pending limit or pending stop) than stop level.
Martin Fischer
Martin Fischer  

@Irwan: The threadstarter wrote: "with SL=0 and TP = 0" ;-)

Here my test code: (Snippet) where an Order is set without SL and TP and after successful creation, I add SL and TP. (Only in this case. Not always... ;-) )

ticket = OrderSend(Symbol(), cmd, lots, inPrice, Slippage, 0, 0, NULL, 333, 0, clrNONE);

if (ticket != -1)
      {
         if (OrderSelect(ticket, SELECT_BY_TICKET, MODE_TRADES) == true)
         {
            if (OrderModify(ticket, OrderOpenPrice(), sl, tp, NULL, clrNONE) == true)
            {
               _toolManager.SendMessage("Added TP and SL successful.", clrLimeGreen);
            }
            else
            {
               _toolManager.SendMessage("Could not set SL and TP!!", clrRed);
            }
         }
         else
         {
            _toolManager.SendMessage("Could not set SL and TP!", clrRed);
         }

}

Here are the results of the code and the results of manual trading: (From bottom to top)

Terminal Journal

1. I first tried to open an order by code, without SL and TP as a sell stop order.

-> I got the error message Invalid SL or TP.

2. I opened a market order by code

-> Success, but modification of SL and TP after the order was placed failed. (For the moment not so important, because I did not check the min values for SL and TP)

3. I've tested, if the sell stop is the problem and opened a sell stop without TP and SL by hand.

-> Success.

I've tried sell stop orders by code with slippage-values from 0 to 100. All failed.

I must say, that I have never traded futures and maybe there are some things I do not know...
My code works fine for all other instrument types (forex, indices, cfd), but in this special case
I have a problem...

Drazen Penic
Drazen Penic  

• You should read exact error code with GetLastError() 
  • What is the spread and minimum stop level for this instrument? 

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
Martin Fischer:

@Irwan: The threadstarter wrote: "with SL=0 and TP = 0" ;-)

Here my test code: (Snippet) where an Order is set without SL and TP and after successful creation, I add SL and TP. (Only in this case. Not always... ;-) )

Here are the results of the code and the results of manual trading: (From bottom to top)

1. I first tried to open an order by code, without SL and TP as a sell stop order.

-> I got the error message Invalid SL or TP.

2. I opened a market order by code

-> Success, but modification of SL and TP after the order was placed failed. (For the moment not so important, because I did not check the min values for SL and TP)

3. I've tested, if the sell stop is the problem and opened a sell stop without TP and SL by hand.

-> Success.

I've tried sell stop orders by code with slippage-values from 0 to 100. All failed.

I must say, that I have never traded futures and maybe there are some things I do not know...
My code works fine for all other instrument types (forex, indices, cfd), but in this special case
I have a problem...

The ticksize for this symbol is 1.00, you can use price 1057.61 or 1116.88

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

OP_BUYSTOP/OP_SELLSTOP OrderSend with SL=0 and TP=0 return me error 130 (invalid stops!)

Alain Verleyen, 2015.01.08 16:30

A BUY_STOP needs to be place at a higher price than market price, not lower.

Is your price calculated ? You have to normalize your price in this case.

A normalized price must always be a multiple of ticksize.
Martin Fischer
Martin Fischer  

Normalized OrderInPrice? Or normalized OrderTakeProfit and/or OrderStopLoss? Or both?

If it's necessary for SL and TP than SL = 0 and/or TP = 0 is not allowed?

Thank you!

To add comments, please log in or register