How to get Angle value at given Index bar from OBJ_TRENDBYANGLE

Hi

anyone can please guide me how to get angle value of the trend line drawn using OBJ_TRENDBYANGLE ?

I did search the forum but failed to get any article on this.

1. Read the documentation. You create the object by setting the angle. You read back the angle the same way.

1. There is no angle from 2 anchor points. An angle requires distance divided by distance; a unit-less number. A chart has price and time. What is the angle of going 30 miles in 45 minutes? Meaningless!

2. You can get the slope from a trendline: m=ΔPrice÷ΔTime. Changing the price scale, bar width, or window size, changes the apparent angle, the slope is constant. Angle is meaningless.

3. You can create an angled line using one point and setting the angle (Object Properties - Objects Constants - Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL4 Reference.) The line is drawn that angle in pixels. Changing the axes scales does NOT change the angle (and thus is meaningless.)

4. If you insist, take the two price/time coordinates, convert them to pixel coordinates and then to apparent angle with arctan.
                How to get the angle of a trendline and place a text object to it? - Trend Indicators - MQL4 programming forum - Page 2

Anil Varma:

Hi

anyone can please guide me how to get angle value of the trend line drawn using OBJ_TRENDBYANGLE ?

I did search the forum but failed to get any article on this.

You should know you need to post your attempt if you need coding help ;-)

And "Trend by angle" has been discussed a lot of time on this forum.

William Roeder #:
  1. Read the documentation. You create the object by setting the angle. You read back the angle the same way.

1. There is no angle from 2 anchor points. An angle requires distance divided by distance; a unit-less number. A chart has price and time. What is the angle of going 30 miles in 45 minutes? Meaningless!

2. You can get the slope from a trendline: m=ΔPrice÷ΔTime. Changing the price scale, bar width, or window size, changes the apparent angle, the slope is constant. Angle is meaningless.

3. You can create an angled line using one point and setting the angle (Object Properties - Objects Constants - Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL4 Reference.) The line is drawn that angle in pixels. Changing the axes scales does NOT change the angle (and thus is meaningless.)

4. If you insist, take the two price/time coordinates, convert them to pixel coordinates and then to apparent angle with arctan.
                How to get the angle of a trendline and place a text object to it? - Trend Indicators - MQL4 programming forum - Page 2

Thanks William

Seems going for Angle will be more complicated then my present skills. I will stay with your suggestion of Slope :)

Alain Verleyen #:

You should know you need to post your attempt if you need coding help ;-)

And "Trend by angle" has been discussed a lot of time on this forum.

Thanks Alain.

William has explained the topic, I will go with his suggestion.

Reason: