Lots of improper argument errors recently

I am wondering if it has to do with the stuff I am working on right now or is it possible that it happens more after a certain update because something about the error processing has changed.

First it happened when I was implementing a class that does all the knitty gritty indicator initiation stuff, based on the article of Jordi Bassaganas 'Extending Standard library and code reuse'. It happened when I had a typing error in the string file name in an indicator handle definition. There of course it seemed obvious that this was the improper argument.
But also after changing something about the indicator that should be called, I could not compile it because each time it threw this 'error'.
Only after manually saving the changed file I was able to compile and run everything.

Second: similarly when working on inplementing some buttons dialog from documentation. There the dialog class is placed directly inside a little test indicator, so I tried to take put the class it into an external mqh file that I could include in the indicator to make the code cleaner. I must have entered something wrong or tried to compile the indicator before the mqh and it also threw impriper argument. After rebootung MetaEditor some of the code wirks now and some don't.

I think after a certain error MetaEditor well.. not to say it crashes, but it gets stuck on this error. And I have the impression that it really started like a week ago after a certain update. But I am not sure because I started some new topics during that period. So I wanted to ask around if anybody else has an increase in this behavior?

Provide the technical details if you need help : code, logs, screenshot, settings, etc...

All this text you posted is just useless.

Alain Verleyen #: All this text you posted is just useless.

I translated it to “Whaa-whaa, coding is hard.”

So you install these two files into the same folder and try to compile them. If they don't save them both into place again with 'save as' and then try again. Now they compile.

Then you shove the defines mqh into the include folder by mouse in the navigator, then change the include in TestOwnPanelblabla.mq5 from

"OwnPanelDefines.mqh"

to

<OwnPanelDefines.mqh>

and copile again. It won't compile ALSO NOTHING ELSE WILL, until you restart MT5/ME or you save the mqh into the new place with 'save as'.

pennyhunter #:
So you install these two files into the same folder and try to compile them. If they don't save them both into place again with 'save as' and then try again. Now they compile.

Then you shove the defines mqh into the include folder by mouse in the navigator, then change the include in TestOwnPanelblabla.mq5 from

to

and copile again. It won't compile ALSO NOTHING ELSE WILL, until you restart MT5/ME or you save the mqh into the new place with 'save as'.

Sorry but I can't reproduce that. I have done like you said and I have no problem. Build 3211.