Control over trades when using a VPS

Hello there,

I have developed my own trading EA and am planning on running it on one of MT5's VPS. It is very important to me that even though the EA is running on a VPS, I have direct access to and an overview of the trades.

My questions are:

- do the trades executed on the VPS still show up in the standard "Trading" panel on MT5 (which would also allow for manual modifying of the trades) or is the journal the only line of information from the VPS to MT5 on my computer?

- my account is also a signal on this website. Will current trades (as well as equity and balance) be shown to me on my own signal page when using a VPS?

- what are your experiences with vps? Is there something special about migrating or other things that I should be aware of? I also thought about getting the cheapest pc I can find and just run the EA on there 24/7 (like a personal server). This would of course have the advantage that I would always have direct access to my trades. Is this also something worth considering?

Thank you so much for your help :)

Eric

ERIC DANIEL BRAENDLI:

Hello there,

I have developed my own trading EA and am planning on running it on one of MT5's VPS. It is very important to me that even though the EA is running on a VPS, I have direct access to and an overview of the trades.

My questions are:

- do the trades executed on the VPS still show up in the standard "Trading" panel on MT5 (which would also allow for manual modifying of the trades) or is the journal the only line of information from the VPS to MT5 on my computer?

- my account is also a signal on this website. Will current trades (as well as equity and balance) be shown to me on my own signal page when using a VPS?

- what are your experiences with vps? Is there something special about migrating or other things that I should be aware of? I also thought about getting the cheapest pc I can find and just run the EA on there 24/7 (like a personal server). This would of course have the advantage that I would always have direct access to my trades. Is this also something worth considering?

Thank you so much for your help :)

Eric

Yes, you can monitor and interact with your trades on your desktop/mobile terminal/app.

Yes, you will have all your trading account's details and statistics available in your signal page.

MQL5 VPS is you trading environment on the cloud, you only need to make sure that you have synchronized/migrated successfully and take a look every day or two in the MQL5 VPS Journals to make sure that everything runs smoothly.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

Yes, you can monitor and interact with your trades on your desktop/mobile terminal/app.

Yes, you will have all your trading account's details and statistics available in your signal page.

MQL5 VPS is you trading environment on the cloud, you only need to make sure that you have synchronized/migrated successfully and take a look every day or two in the MQL5 VPS Journals to make sure that everything runs smoothly.

Thanks for your help!

Reason: