Accurate lots calculations.

Hello

I don't think this is a coding problem but I'm just asking for an idea. If freelance can help me then I'll gladly go there.

Say the algorithm calculations that for a trade outcome to be -5% / +5% of equity, lot size must be 0.002345.

This will be rounded to 0.01 right? And this will not be accurate according to the algorithm. Outcome from this will no longer results to -5%/+5%.

What are my options for getting accurate results?

Thank you

None.

You would need to change your TP and SL values to get to the 5%

Ndumiso Mavuso: trade outcome to be -5% / +5% of equity, lot size must be 0.002345. What are my options for getting accurate results?

Your lot size will not be rounded, wrong. Either your code will request the minimum, not try to make the trade, or the trade will be rejected by the server.

Your calculated lot size is four (1/4) times smaller than the minimum.

1. Reduce your risk to 1%.
  2. Increase your account balance (4x).
  3. Move your SL closer (not recommended.)

Dominik Christian Egert #: You would need to change your TP and SL values to get to the 5%
Never.

You place the stop where it needs to be — where the reason for the trade is no longer valid. E.g. trading a support bounce, the stop goes below the support.

William Roeder #:

Your lot size will not be rounded, wrong. Either your code will request the minimum, not try to make the trade, or the trade will be rejected by the server.

Never.

You place the stop where it needs to be — where the reason for the trade is no longer valid. E.g. trading a support bounce, the stop goes below the support.

Yes, I know.

William Roeder #:

Never.

Yes I thought rounding would be a word for that. English is my third language.

Reducing the risk sounds like an option.

The 0.002345 example was just abstract. Although I hope, for accuracy's sake I wouldn't have to reduce risk to 1%

Ndumiso Mavuso #: The 0.002345 example was just abstract.

The 1% was just based on your example vs your minimum lot size.

Reason: