Quality control?

I had some suspicious results running MetaTester on the cloud so I decided to dig a bit deeper.

Running version 1010  64 bit.

The first indication was that the results shown after a strategy run was not the same as when running a single run from the list. Most of the time the results in the list  where considerably better than what was shown when doing a single run.

I do save all the parameters in order to run them later and that gives the same results as when running a single test.

So, I did 3 different tests. Running cloud only gave bad results. Running Remote agents only gave bad results. Running local only gave identical results  between the list of the results and the single run.

When looking at my remote Metatester I saw it was version 975. Hmm.  Maybe it needs to be updated. So I connected to the Metatester web with the link:

https://cloud.mql5.com/?source=tester5setup

Nice entry page. Has a link labelled   Download the MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester Agent

Just what I need.

Click on it and get a new page and a new link. Click on that

404  Not Found

!??

End of story. Go and get a hefty OP

(OP Andersson, a strong and tasty aquavit. Makes the hair on your chest curl)

Skip to youtube and watch some episodes of "Roadkill"

Distributed Computing in the MQL5 Cloud Network
Distributed Computing in the MQL5 Cloud Network
  • cloud.mql5.com
Connect to the MQL5 Cloud Network (Cloud Computing) and earn extra income around the clock — there is much work for you computer!

ingvar_e:

I had some suspicious results running MetaTester on the cloud so I decided to dig a bit deeper.

Running version 1010  64 bit.

The first indication was that the results shown after a strategy run was not the same as when running a single run from the list. Most of the time the results in the list  where considerably better than what was shown when doing a single run.

I do save all the parameters in order to run them later and that gives the same results as when running a single test.

So, I did 3 different tests. Running cloud only gave bad results. Running Remote agents only gave bad results. Running local only gave identical results  between the list of the results and the single run.

When looking at my remote Metatester I saw it was version 975. Hmm.  Maybe it needs to be updated. So I connected to the Metatester web with the link:

https://cloud.mql5.com/?source=tester5setup

Nice entry page. Has a link labelled   Download the MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester Agent

Just what I need.

Click on it and get a new page and a new link. Click on that

404  Not Found

!??

End of story. Go and get a hefty OP

(OP Andersson, a strong and tasty aquavit. Makes the hair on your chest curl)

Skip to youtube and watch some episodes of "Roadkill"

There are already several similar topics about the Strategy Tester results on a single test and on an optimization. I never see a satisfactory explanation. It would be good to explore the issue in depth. My guess is the origin of the problem comes from different data.

The link provided is working for me (maybe a Christmas 404 :-D).

angevoyageur:

There are already several similar topics about the Strategy Tester results on a single test and on an optimization. I never see a satisfactory explanation. It would be good to explore the issue in depth. My guess is the origin of the problem comes from different data.

The link provided is working for me (maybe a Christmas 404 :-D).

Tried the link.  Works ok now. :-)

I have made several tests comparing results from the list with result on the "Result panel"  It can be so bad that the list says  3100 in profit and the profit in the Result panel says a loss of 500.  That really makes the cloud useless

since the the results in the Result window are the true values

I will install the latest Metatester and test remote since remote agents currently also presents wrong results. Be back shortly

Just to be on the safe side a tested with supplied simple Advisors\ExpertMacd. bad too

I installed the latest Metatester on one of my local computers that had version 975. That version gave me the wrong results. After installing the latest Metatester version on that remote computer I get correct results.

Everyone on the cloud has to upgrade Metatester or Metatrader should test  that it is using a cloud Metatester that is the correct version.

For now I will only use local and updated Metatesters in my  network even if it will take 5 times as long time. 

Should I make a formal entry on the Service desk? I think they have started to ignore me, my last entries has not been handled. Could you test and submit angevoyageur?

Took another OP and feel better  :-)

ingvar_e:

I installed the latest Metatester on one of my local computers that had version 975. That version gave me the wrong results. After installing the latest Metatester version on that remote computer I get correct results.

Everyone on the cloud has to upgrade Metatester or Metatrader should test  that it is using a cloud Metatester that is the correct version.

For now I will only use local and updated Metatesters in my  network even if it will take 5 times as long time. 

Should I make a formal entry on the Service desk? I think they have started to ignore me, my last entries has not been handled. Could you test and submit angevoyageur?

Took another OP and feel better  :-)

Great. Will do when I have time.

Have tested again running cloud agents.

Problem seems to have disappeared

:-)

Reason: