Safe close position

Hi,

I really need a help with closing positions close to StopLoss. It sometimes happens that I decide to close a position one or two ticks before SL is reached. I send a request for instant order in a direction opposite to open position. Because of the fact that such action takes a while it can happen that SL is reached and my position is closed. On the other hand my request for instant order is also accepted, so instead of closing my position I find my self with an open position in opposite direction.

Please let me know how can I close a position safely, without opening an opposite one.

You are lucky, I got this problem before you did and I have dirty solution:

How to close BUY and SELL position?

Issue registered in ServiceDesk (#109791).

/tsaktuo 

An additional thought:

Even when you close a position with an opposie order, for safety you can still use stop-loss & take-profit. If something goes wrong and you are left with an opposite position at least your account is protected.

Jellybean

Good suggestion from MetaQuotes:

"

Alexander Saidullin 2011.05.24 11:53

If you want to close position without of risk simultaneous SL(TP) - Just clear SL & TP from your position before sending close order. 

Clearing a TP/SL is not an option: I send a closing order before market reaches a SL when I see a market goes in a wrong direction. SL is meat  due to long operation time. In this case if I send two orders (clearing SL and closing) it is possible that I will loose time and SL still will  be met.

Reason: