EA opens position with magic number set, then TP or SL closes it how to link to EA

Gen'l'm'n how to tell if a position closed by TP or by SL was opened by EA?

For example:

EA send buy order with SL and TP set -> order results into one position -> position is closed by TP or by SL,  is technically new order to the opposite direction, but this order has no magic number linking it to the EA. Now, can I identify this order belonging to the EA or must I use alteratives here? My guess is no.

Thank you.

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Trade Orders in DOM
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Trade Orders in DOM
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Trade Orders in DOM - Documentation on MQL5

Candles:

Gen'l'm'n how to tell if a position closed by TP or by SL was opened by EA?

For example:

EA send buy order with SL and TP set -> order results into one position -> position is closed by TP or by SL,  is technically new order to the opposite direction, but this order has no magic number linking it to the EA. Now, can I identify this order belonging to the EA or must I use alteratives here? My guess is no.

Thank you.

If you are using "official" SL/TP with your EA, that means no manual trading and other EA can trade this symbol. So by default any SL/TP triggered "belong" to your EA.

As I already said here but in other words, if you work at position level, you have to proceed as your EA is alone in the world.

angevoyageur:

If you are using "official" SL/TP with your EA, that means no manual trading and other EA can trade this symbol. So by default any SL/TP triggered "belong" to your EA.

As I already said here but in other words, if you work at position level, you have to proceed as your EA is alone in the world.

I like the way you put it here, very claryfing.

Thanks again angevoyageur

Candles:

I like the way you put it here, very claryfing.

Thanks again angevoyageur

You are welcome.

I thought this question has been asked before?

doshur:
I thought this question has been asked before?
Maybe. Where ?

angevoyageur:
Maybe. Where ?
Here it appears to be same? https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/15507 
can mt5 operate in non-fifo mode?
can mt5 operate in non-fifo mode?
  • www.mql5.com
or is fifo mandatory across all brokers?
Reason: