It it possible to move the the folder under Terminal from C:/ to an other disk without breaking MT4 and MT5

Good afternoon,

I use two disks in my pc, C:/ for the installation of program's and D:/ for the data. This way I can make and restore a system back-up without losing recent data.

Lots of program's allow to move the data folder from C to D without breaking. Can I move the MT4 and MT5 folders from C:/User/AppData/Roaming/Metaquotes/Terminal to D?

Best regards,

Robert

ReactoFX:

Good afternoon,

I use two disks in my pc, C:/ for the installation of program's and D:/ for the data. This way I can make and restore a system back-up without losing recent data.

Lots of program's allow to move the data folder from C to D without breaking. Can I move the MT4 and MT5 folders from C:/User/AppData/Roaming/Metaquotes/Terminal to D?

Best regards,

Robert

Not sure about potential issues.

Thanks a lot Alexandre, this looks like the way to do it, but I wonder if it's done like this whether updates will work.

So if anyone can tell me if it is possible to simply cut and paste the ..... /Metaquotes/Terminal  folder from C to D without breaking the programs  it would be much appreciated.

Happy holidays,

Robert

ReactoFX #:

Thanks a lot Alexandre, this looks like the way to do it, but I wonder if it's done like this whether updates will work.

So if anyone can tell me if it is possible to simply cut and paste the ..... /Metaquotes/Terminal  folder from C to D without breaking the programs  it would be much appreciated.

Happy holidays,

Robert

this worked for me:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/23603#comment_25332652

How to change the data folder in MT5?
How to change the data folder in MT5?
  • www.mql5.com
Hello I would like to know how I could change the location of the "Data Folder" in MT5 to another one I want...

Li Hua Liu #:

this worked for me:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/23603#comment_25332652

This is exactly what I'm looking for, I will give it a try, hope I'll get the DOS commands working.

Thanks very much Li Hua Liu!

ReactoFX:

Good afternoon,

Best regards,

Robert

mt5 has the abilitiy in settings to change all of the default terminal folders, including history. But mt4 does not. But i do it all the time. search google for "symbolic links".

EDIT i just saw that page. That is exactly how i do it in mt4. but for mt5 there is no need to do that. Just go into mt5 setting. there is options to change the data folders there.
Reason: