Is my broker able to know if I use proxy?

Hi pals,
Hope you are doing fabulous.

1. Is my broker able to know if I use proxy in MT4/5?
2. What about if I use VPN?

One more question:
3. I'm using EA to copy my trades into another account. Is a broker able to figure out that we put trades by Copy trade EA? I trade manually but for that account, it puts trades by Copy trade EA.

Your advice is greatly appreciated pals <3

Proxy or VPN, depends. The IP you are coming from is known to the Broker. If it's an official VPN Provider IP, it can be looked up. Same for Proxy Servers.

Copy trade or EA, as long as it's an EA, the broker can at least tell the Position was done by an EA. What and why the EA did it stays hidden.

If you would want to hide that, you would need to write a program that uses MT4/5 by ie keystrokes. This way you could emulate a user using the Terminal.

This cannot be detected by a broker. Mostly...

Note: it can be detected, look at cheating tools for games, they can detect automatic versus manual/human input. They do it by delay detection.

But since you click together a command (like open/modify/close) and then hit the send button, its probably not detectable.

Dominik Egert #:
Proxy or VPN, depends. The IP you are coming from is known to the Broker. If it's an official VPN Provider IP, it can be looked up. Same for Proxy Servers.

Copy trade or EA, as long as it's an EA, the broker can at least tell the Position was done by an EA. What and why the EA did it stays hidden.

If you would want to hide that, you would need to write a program that uses MT4/5 by ie keystrokes. This way you could emulate a user using the Terminal.

This cannot be detected by a broker. Mostly...

Note: it can be detected, look at cheating tools for games, they can detect automatic versus manual/human input. They do it by delay detection.

But since you click together a command (like open/modify/close) and then hit the send button, its probably not detectable.

Thank you for your information Dominik.

If I put random delay for each step of opening an order(like selecting the pair and opening the proper order) above a minimum(lets say 3 seconds) is it detectable in any way? considering manual trading and just using Copy Trade EA.

Ignore the Note. It's just for information. Doesn't apply to MT.

Dominik Egert #:
Ignore the Note. It's just for information. Doesn't apply to MT.

Uh I've got you.

Thank you very much pal!