Cannot import lots of rows into custom symbol

Hi,

I have been trying to create a custom symbol on MT5 and importing lots of historic data into that symbol for backtesting.

I can import 10 rows, 20 rows, 100 rows and 1000 rows of data, however when I try to import 10000 rows of data or more, it just fails.

How can I import lots of 1 minute data into MT5 for backtesting ?

Thanks

Mark

I've done it before.

I think it is possible to split the data into about 2000 lines per file and import them in order, starting with the oldest data.

Hi Nagisa,

Thank you for your response.   I must admit that I was hoping that there might be a quicker way of doing this.

If for example, I wanted to backtest against 10 years of data, I would need to import roughly 5 Million rows, which is roughly 2.5 thousand to 5 thousand files.

The idea of importing 5 thousand files looks like it could be extremely tedious.

Many thanks

Mark

Then I guess you'll have to create a script.

This is the one I created to import data for Japanese stocks, so it won't work as is, but I think it can be modified to work.
Files:

Hi Nagisa,

Thank you very much for your script.   I think this will be very useful.   I wasn't aware of the "CustomRatesUpdate" function, which looks like it could be

the solution to my problem.

Once again, thank you for your help.

Mark

Reason: