Making progress with EA, however can computer settings or mt settings impair an EA's consistency?

We are being told by our EA coder that the EA is working perfectly when he tests it, however i have made videos of attaching it and editing it just as he recommends and it still consistently does not perform correctly. Are there settings on my computer that could be interfering? Possibly even Metatrader settings? Seems weird that it could be working so well for him, but when our team tests it, we aren't getting anywhere near the same results. I have a good computer and a good connection, so those aren't the issues. But possibly a setting somewhere? Thanks in advance :)

Do you Both use the same broker? 

Daniel Cioca #:
Do you Both use the same broker?

No we do not, he uses a broker that we cannot register with in Canada. Is this a common problem for ea's? Meaning is it common to have a problem with an ea because the coder hasn't designed it to work with a specific broker?

Why not register a demo account to match  results? Then it left few reasons not to match. Brokers use to ask IDs for live account only. From there apply same parms as him in strategy tester and verify , that should be the first step.

Carlos Albert Barbero Marcos #:
Why not register a demo account to match  results? Then it left few reasons not to match. Brokers use to ask IDs for live account only. From there apply same parms as him in strategy tester and verify , that should be the first step.

Ty I will try that.

If it is indeed a broker issue, what types things are common issues between brokers that would cause an ea not to work consistently?

Soul8 #:
Price… spread… rollover values… markets times… plenty diferencies … but as said above … test it on demo… optimize it … 

Carlos Albert Barbero Marcos #:

I just tried, IC markets is his recommended broker, it doesn't seem to allow me to create a demo account with it.

So… what kind of results is showing you? From Strategy tester? And you tested on live/demo account? And you have different results? 

Daniel Cioca #:
So… what kind of results is showing you? From Strategy tester? And you tested on live/demo account? And you have different results?

I don't play with the strategy tester much, I test it on a demo account to see if it will activate the proper functions as I specify on the ea. Those are the functions that are failing...it doesn't even consistently place a trade for me to test and see if what happens after that point are working properly.

Here is a question would a coder ask right from the start what broker you use so that they customize it to work for that exact broker? Is it that important?

Not really… it doesn’t matter what broker… what matters is the results is showing to you… normally he should test himself this EA on demo for few months… 6 months at least… and then show the results … show the trades he took to get the results… this is how you will know is not a scam…

Daniel Cioca #:
Not really… it doesn’t matter what broker… what matters is the results is showing to you… normally he should test himself this EA on demo for few months… 6 months at least… and then show the results … show the trades he took to get the results… this is how you will know is not a scam…

Oh OK, well some are saying broker matters and some are saying it does not. That seems like a long tike to have to test an ea no?
Reason: