Custom symbols gone with new MT5 version ?

all my custom symbols are gone since I updated MT5 with latest version.

is it normal ?

I wonder what happened...do I have to just recreate the custom symbols ? or is there more to do

thanks a lot

Jeff

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

New MetaTrader 5 platform build 3081: Improvements in MQL5 services and design updates

Kang Feng, 2021.10.16 15:18

From your now broken MT5, go to the symbols.custom.dat file.

Try to install an older version of MT5 prior to 3080.(The most important step!)

Turn off the old MT5.

Copy symbols.custom.dat to the old MT5.

If you start the old version of MT5, you may be prompted to restart the upgrade immediately. Do not restart!

Market Watch --> Symbols, you'll find all the Settings for your custom Symbols are still there.

Export Custom Group! You will get a json file containing all your custom symbol settings.

Import Custom Group to your new MT5.

Done.

New MetaTrader 5 platform build 3081: Improvements in MQL5 services and design updates

Joerg Hartgen, 2021.10.16 16:34

Kang Feng, thank you for the advice.

In my case the solution was:

1. Create the custom symbols in the updated Terminal with the same name, but without importing any data

2. Restart the Terminal

3. The data from the custom symbols before update was assigned to the custom symbols I created after the update automatically

I don't know why this works, I found it out by "trial and error"

The other way to fix it (machine translation from Russian):

Custom symbols. Errors, bugs, questions, suggestions.

fxsaber , 07/20/2014 01:07 PM

You can try to move the Custom folder to another location and recreate the symbols - specifications, without history. Then exit the Terminal, copy the Custom folder back and launch the Terminal . The story will have to be picked up.

PS. A backup of json-settings of symbols from the Terminal side suggests itself. Accidentally deleted or other nasty stuff - restored by backup.

and this post (related to the next builds): post
  • www.mql5.com
The MetaTrader 5 platform update will be released on Thursday, October 14, 2021...

thanks Sergey i'll try these
Reason: