How often do you calibrate your EA?

Hi all, 

I am working on my first EA trading system. I've developed the EA based on based on a paper on forex trading systems  - so far I have no yet implemented SL/TP parameters but I have demonstrated profitability across multiple testing periods (typically I will 'calibrate' i.e optimize my input parameters based on month X, then test these parameters on month X+1). This got me thinking - is this correct? Perhaps not. 

How often do you recalibrate/reoptimize the input parametes for your trading system? Is monthly too frequent - does it hint that the system is incomplete, or is this reasonable for a changing market?

Any tips you can provied would be greatly appreciated on optimizing the performance of the system. Do you recommend any particular 'trading sessions' also? I currently do not allow the system to trade after 17:00 BST on Fridays until 02:00 Monday. 

If i say 6 months, does that help?

Only people with the exact same EA and more experience with it can provide an answer. 

Everything else is complete useless without context.

Enrique Dangeroux #:

If i say 6 months, does that help?

Only people with the exact same EA and more experience with it can provide an answer. 

Everything else is complete useless without context.

Indeed, I see your point lol 

Reason: