Any coder looking to do some Pro bono work?

I have an idea for a martingale hedging EA, unfortunately I can't code and I don't have any money. For anyone interested- the idea I had was a semi-automated EA that hedges at a price e.g. you enter long at 4500.00 if price returns to that price the ea hedges with a short order, if price crosses 4500.00 the ea re-enters with a bigger lot size... So basically you're hedged to one side of the market and you're accumilating spreads. I have a rough spreadsheet of the idea for anyone interested.

Masekopeana Mokonyane:
I have an idea for a martingale hedging EA, unfortunately I can't code and I don't have any money. For anyone interested- the idea I had was a semi-automated EA that hedges at a price e.g. you enter long at 4500.00 if price returns to that price the ea hedges with a short order, if price crosses 4500.00 the ea re-enters with a bigger lot size... So basically you're hedged to one side of the market and you're accumilating spreads. I have a rough spreadsheet of the idea for anyone interested.

How long have you tested the idea?

Masekopeana Mokonyane: I have an idea for a martingale hedging EA,

Hedging, grid trading, same as Martingale.
          Martingale, Hedging and Grid : MHG - General - MQL5 programming forum (2016)

Martingale, guaranteed to blow your account eventually. If it's not profitable without, it is definitely not profitable with.
          Martingale vs. Non Martingale (Simplified RoR vs Profit and the Illusions) - MQL5 programming forum (2015)

Why it won't work:
          Calculate Loss from Lot Pips - MQL5 programming forum (2017)
          THIS Trading Strategy is a LIE... I took 100,000 TRADES with the Martingale Strategy - YouTube (2020.12.12)

Thank-god Avwerosuoghene Odukudu #:

How long have you tested the idea?

Hello Avwerosuoghene

I'll be honest with you- I've only been backtesting manually and doing spreadsheet calculations for a month or so. But if my math is right it should work. My only worry is that it can't be coded. Send me your email if you want a spreadsheet of the idea.

Masekopeana Mokonyane #:

Hello Avwerosuoghene

I'll be honest with you- I've only been backtesting manually and doing spreadsheet calculations for a month or so. But if my math is right it should work. My only worry is that it can't be coded. Send me your email if you want a spreadsheet of the idea.

You can send the attachment through direct message, then if you took 10 trades how many would be successful from your calculations.

William Roeder #:

Martingale, guaranteed to blow your account eventually. If it's not profitable without, it is definitely not profitable with.
          Martingale vs. Non Martingale (Simplified RoR vs Profit and the Illusions) - MQL5 programming forum (2015)

Why it won't work:
          THIS Trading Strategy is a LIE... I took 100,000 TRADES with the Martingale Strategy - YouTube (2020.12.12)

This is a nice heads up.

Thank-god Avwerosuoghene Odukudu #:

You can send the attachment through direct message, then if you took 10 trades how many would be successful from your calculations.

That would be 5 successful trades for 9 total trades, and 6 for 11 trades.

William Roeder #:

Why it won't work:

Good information, but the ea I'm proposing is more of a risk management tool than a "holy grail". I'm not trying to achieve a 100% win rate. Although I said it's martingale like the drawdown is shallower and the margin requirements aren't as high. I would love to send you a spreadsheet of the idea if you're interested in taking a second look at it?

Masekopeana Mokonyane #:
Good information, but the ea I'm proposing is more of a risk management tool than a "holy grail". I'm not trying to achieve a 100% win rate. Although I said it's martingale like the drawdown is shallower and the margin requirements aren't as high. I would love to send you a spreadsheet of the idea if you're interested in taking a second look at it?

This idea is not new, people often call it a "recovery EA", eg. https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/20160?source=Site+Search I believe there are free EAs that do this,
but this strategy has 2 issues:

1. You get stuck for a long time trying to recover a trade, if you simply used a stop loss, you would have free margin to enter on new oportunities. Trading is a numbers game
if you have an edge, it'll show as you perform more trades.

2. Sideways markets will blow the account.

Alexandre Borela #:

This idea is not new, people often call it a "recovery EA", eg. https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/20160?source=Site+Search I believe there are free EAs that do this,
but this strategy has 2 issues:

1. You get stuck for a long time trying to recover a trade, if you simply used a stop loss, you would have free margin to enter on new oportunities. Trading is a numbers game
if you have an edge, it'll show as you perform more trades.

2. Sideways markets will blow the account.

Thanks for the advice. I am aware of the zone recovery strategy. That's not what I'm trying to accomplish with this EA. I'm trying to create a limited risk situation where on side is hedged and one isn't...

Masekopeana Mokonyane #:
Thanks for the advice. I am aware of the zone recovery strategy. That's not what I'm trying to accomplish with this EA. I'm trying to create a limited risk situation where on side is hedged and one isn't...

Can you send me the spreadsheet?

Reason: