Compatibility Report

When booting from a usb, I keep receiving a compatibility report that reads “the upgrade option isn't available if you start your computer using windows installation media. if a copy of windows is already installed on this computer and you want to upgrade, remove the installation media and restart your computer. after windows has started normally, insert the installation media and run windows setup.” I have a HP pavilion w185e and created a bootable usb using Rufus. I’m trying to upgrade to windows pro and keep files, settings and applications. Windows 10 Home is already active on the pc for x64 bit. Even if I select another windows operating system I still receive that same compatibility report. Does anyone know a solution to get pass this issue? It seems that I can’t continue to boot from usb with this displaying of compatibility report. I tried google but to no avail. Help is appreciated.

Dajuan Lamar Ruff-kelly:
When booting from a usb, I keep receiving a compatibility report that reads “the upgrade option isn't available if you start your computer using windows installation media. if a copy of windows is already installed on this computer and you want to upgrade, remove the installation media and restart your computer. after windows has started normally, insert the installation media and run windows setup.” I have a HP pavilion w185e and created a bootable usb using Rufus. I’m trying to upgrade to windows pro and keep files, settings and applications. Windows 10 Home is already active on the pc for x64 bit. Even if I select another windows operating system I still receive that same compatibility report. Does anyone know a solution to get pass this issue? It seems that I can’t continue to boot from usb with this displaying of compatibility report. I tried google but to no avail. Help is appreciated.

Do what the message says, start windows, run the installation from windows as you would if you wanted to install a program, don't boot the usb stick.

Alexandre Borela #:

Do what the message says, start windows, run the installation from windows as you would if you wanted to install a program, don't boot the usb stick.

Sorry im still having trouble understanding. By “run the installation” you mean the setup app located on usb. If not what do you mean by “run the installation?’

Alexandre Borela #:

Furthermore my saved files,apps etc. are still missing 

Reason: