Metatrader 4 not installing

Hello everyone,

I tried installing Metatrader 4 for PC on Windows 10 that was downloaded from a broker's website but it says that the software cannot run on my PC and that to find the version for my PC, I should check with the software publisher.

I also tried downloaded Metatrader 4 for PC on Windows 10 from the www.metatrader4.com website but when I downloaded the setup file, it installed Metatrader 5 instead of 4.

My PC is system 32 bit. I want to ask if anyone has seen this problem before and the possible solution to it.

MetaTrader 4 Platform for Forex Trading and Technical Analysis
MetaTrader 4 Platform for Forex Trading and Technical Analysis
  • www.metatrader4.com
Millions of traders with a wide range of needs choose MetaTrader 4 to trade in the market. The platform offers ample of opportunities to traders of all skill levels: advanced technical analysis, flexible trading system, algorithmic trading and Expert Advisors, as well as...

Busayo A:

Hello everyone,

I tried installing Metatrader 4 for PC on Windows 10 that was downloaded from a broker's website but it says that the software cannot run on my PC and that to find the version for my PC, I should check with the software publisher.

I also tried downloaded Metatrader 4 for PC on Windows 10 from the www.metatrader4.com website but when I downloaded the setup file, it installed Metatrader 5 instead of 4.

My PC is system 32 bit. I want to ask if anyone has seen this problem before and the possible solution to it.

did you try installing the version from metaquotes then finding your broker?

Busayo A:

Hello everyone,

You need to have 64-bit OS

Busayo A: I also tried downloaded Metatrader 4 for PC on Windows 10 from the www.metatrader4.com website but when I downloaded the setup file, it installed Metatrader 5 instead of 4.

If you had used this (before posting), you would have found (among 300+) Where to download MT4? - General - MQL5 programming forum (2017)
   How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. (2004)
      How To Interpret Answers.
         RTFM and STFW: How To Tell You've Seriously Screwed Up.

It has been years since you could download MT4 from Metaquotes. You can only get it from a broker's website.
          Where to download the orginal MT4 installer - MQL4 programming forum (2018)

Reason: